Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,370,875 times

Advertisements

I was going to say Cobra, but it's not exactly a modern "production" model. In the same lines, a Shelby Mustang has a lot of body work. Otherwise a Aston Martin V12 convertible, which is a pretty rare site. I saw a Vantage the other day, but I see more Bentleys and Ferraris.

A used Lambo will still be the most exotic in this price range and have that Italian styling and the doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM
NSX NSX started this thread

877 posts, read 2,168,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
My "namesake":
ShelbyGirl: Wow! Beautiful cars Both the Viper RT/10 and Shelby are very cool in their own way. Have you had a chance to drive any '03+ Vipers? If so, how do they compare to your '02?

I think the earlier Vipers (92-02) have a bit more unique/outrageous styling, but the Gen III is still wild and would be much more liveable. Back in the day, before I had the NSX,Z06,C5Z06, I had an early generation Viper ('98 RT/10). While the car was very fun, the solution for the convertible's top was really hard for me to live with (both soft and hard top) and the lack of ABS caused me to completely lose control in the rain (once into a ditch, and one full 360 spin on the road). Sold it shortly after that...so I guess I need to add one more requirement (has ABS)

Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
ShelbyGirl: Wow! Beautiful cars Both the Viper RT/10 and Shelby are very cool in their own way. Have you had a chance to drive any '03+ Vipers? If so, how do they compare to your '02?

I think the earlier Vipers (92-02) have a bit more unique/outrageous styling, but the Gen III is still wild and would be much more liveable. Back in the day, before I had the NSX,Z06,C5Z06, I had an early generation Viper ('98 RT/10). While the car was very fun, the solution for the convertible's top was really hard for me to live with (both soft and hard top) and the lack of ABS caused me to completely lose control in the rain (once into a ditch, and one full 360 spin on the road). Sold it shortly after that...so I guess I need to add one more requirement (has ABS)
I have not. That Viper was our first and last. Have not had the desire to go that route again.
LOL...ABS: good DITCH: bad

Old 06-18-2010, 01:44 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
NSX - Not to mention burning the crap out of your leg if you didn't step far enough over the rocker. Those exhaust pipes are HOT!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 PM
NSX NSX started this thread

877 posts, read 2,168,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
NSX - Not to mention burning the crap out of your leg if you didn't step far enough over the rocker. Those exhaust pipes are HOT!!!
Lol, yes. The clutch was so heavy that after 3 years of driving it my left calf muscle was bigger than my right. I also burned my leg a few times by accident, not very badly, but still incredibly hurt. For any of those considering a '92-'02 Viper: be very, very careful not to let your leg touch/rest on the sidesill while exiting the car.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:35 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
Lol, yes. The clutch was so heavy that after 3 years of driving it my left calf muscle was bigger than my right. I also burned my leg a few times by accident, not very badly, but still incredibly hurt. For any of those considering a '92-'02 Viper: be very, very careful not to let your leg touch/rest on the sidesill while exiting the car.
Hurts just thinking about it! Those sides on the Cobra...DH forever telling me: "watch the pipes" when I exited. Guess who burned his leg?
Had a friend riding with DH on a cruise and when they stopped, he opened the door and immediately put his hand out and laid it on the pipe. ER first stop! 2 weeks later, same guy riding with hubby...let his windbreaker brush the pipe...completely melted it...all over the pipe! Not sure which was more upsetting...burnt jacket or cleaning it off the pipes!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:28 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
LVD: That's a great choice! I've always loved the Esprits and they seem to be a great exotic for the money. I'm already starting to do research into the 30K belt-change cost (Looks to be about $4K), but even then still a bargain.
That Esprit is local in Las Vegas. If you do buy it, instead of shipping it you should let me drive it up to Michigan. I promise I will drive drive it easy.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:49 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
if you want outrageous, get a Bugatti Veyron

Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
if you want outrageous, get a Bugatti Veyron
he said max less than $95K which puts the million doller Veyron out of the running

Old 06-18-2010, 07:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
he said max less than $95K which puts the million doller Veyron out of the running
I'll add the smiley to show I was joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive