Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Fuel Doctor FD-47
It's claim is that it acts as an electrical current filter to steady the flow of electricity through the car's electrical and electronic systems and results in up to 25% fuel efficiency increase (15-25% depending on vehicle, location, and type of driving). It's at Best Buy for about $60. It plugs into your cigarette lighter to regulate the electrical current.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 AM

For those who subscribe to Consumer Reports, I found this posted on a blog site.
Increase fuel efficiency with something that plugs into your car’s DC outlet?
Hello Fuel Doctor bloggers! This is Douglas and I am the newly hired Chief Technology Officer for Fuel Doctor. I am writing today to respond to all of the discussions both positive and negative about our newest product the FD-47. I admit many of your concerns appear valid but I assure you after reading this entry you too will become a believer in the FD-47! Let me start off by letting you know that there have been some issues regarding translation. The original research conducted overseas did not convert well when translated into English. Because of this some of you have doubted our product. I assure you that this is being addressed with the original inventors working with me and others to better translate the scientific facts behind the technology of the FD-47. Some of you have asked for US laboratory testing to authenticate the legitimacy of the product. Fuel Doctor quickly agreed to do this but then people complained since Fuel Doctor was paying for the lab tests they would be skewed! Therefore know that we have contacted Consumer Reports and requested that they with their independent labs test the FD-47 and publish their results. Yes! We are that confident that the FD-47 does what it says it does. Speaking of which let me tell you what it is not: it does not regulate voltage, it is not a voltage regulator; it does not regulate current, it is not a current regulator, what it does do is reduce electrical noise in your vehicle’s power systems which improves fuel efficiency. That is why we recommend the FD-47 to be used on vehicles 24 months or older. With the understanding of the translation difficulties, the original test results can be easily found on our website at: http://www.fueldoctorusa.com/technical.html Many of you have blogged about how “it can’t possibly be true” but have not even tried it! There is no excuse for not trying it yourself and seeing the positive results firsthand. That is because the Fuel Doctor offers a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee! There is simply no risk to you, none, so just “Plug it in!” Fuel Doctor is confident you will within 30 days see the evidence for yourself and we ask that once you do start blogging the truth about the FD-47! -Doug

<me> If you subscribe to Consumer Reports and they publish an article testing this product, please give us a summary of their testing results.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 AM

880 posts, read 2,025,096 times
what language did not convert well into english? sounds like a scam 30 day money back try to get your money back nigerian scammers or worse.send me your product if it works I will pay you OK.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:28 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,955,595 times
snake oil. are you also in the market for a large NY bridge?

Old 04-04-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
snake oil. are you also in the market for a large NY bridge?
  1. You don't have to be insulting.
  2. The only product I've ever purchased that made any claim to improving fuel economy was the K&N Air filter and I bought it to save money on air filters since I live in a very dusty area.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:02 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,222,868 times
Dave I would have to say to pass on this one. None of it even makes sense. From a practical pov, if there was a cheap little device that actually did this whats to stop car companies from implementing it in the first place?

Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Scam all the way. An auto already has a voltage regulator to maintain proper voltage, and there isn't anything that will "steady" the flow of electricity.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:36 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Anytime the economy is down and gas prices seem high there are always a scam or dozen to try and separate us from our money. I have seen it all and most if not all will actually decrease your mileage.

magnets on fuel lines, water injection, turbines to go in your air cleaner, fuel additives.

If you believe your fuel needs more - buy a premium fuel. It makes no difference which brand, they are all made locally by one company. All come in one truck, different detergent packages are thrown in at the different gas stations.

A friend of mine always tries to make money with the least amount of work. He tried selling these stainless steel balls designed to eliminate washing detergent.
I asked him "but then how do I get the snake oil out of the clothes?" It took him five minutes to catch on and storm off.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:18 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Fuel Doctor FD-47
It's claim is that it acts as an electrical current filter to steady the flow of electricity through the car's electrical and electronic systems and results in up to 25% fuel efficiency increase (15-25% depending on vehicle, location, and type of driving). It's at Best Buy for about $60. It plugs into your cigarette lighter to regulate the electrical current.
I'm not buying it. No way.

If it was that easy and cheap to jump your mileage 15%-25%, every car & truck would come from the factory with it installed.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,407 times
my friends thought that i was crazy when i bought the fuel doctor. now they are eating their words. if you haven't tried it, how can you knock it. my fuel mileage has increased by more than 2 mpg in a Lincoln Towncar. it may not seem like much, but in a year's time it will add up to well over a grand in savings . . . all for about 50 bucks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive