Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times

Advertisements

One of the young girls at work has a 2011 Challenger. I was talking to her about the car. A guy she works with had no idea about cars. She was a total car nut and this guy didn't have a clue. Many of the women that I work with drive high end cars. Mostly BMW's and Mercedes Benz sprinkled in with a few vetts, Porsches, and even some Mini's. With the Mini it can go either way as a guy or girls kind of car. I have seen guys opt for the S version of the car. Still I doubt that someone can say a person is this kind of person or that kind of person because of the kind of car that they drive at least in my part of the world. People drive what they want to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Most of the women I usually and have traditioanlly dated and gone for are your BMW, Lexus, SUV drivers with the big Prada or Gucci sunglasses and Nicole Scherzinger hair.
In other words, brand driven women likely to have cosmetic surgery.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
In other words, brand driven women likely to have cosmetic surgery.
And typically they can just afford it! Not that someone driving a 10 year old Civic can't, but typically that is not the case.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:44 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,020,253 times
i'd add that for younger girls to be into cars it helps if their parent(s) are as well. I'm an old school car guy, my wife has always enjoyed her cars and modded them and loves driving our s2000 now; and our daughter not only is planning on turbo'ing her car but married someone who has a 500hp s2000 and she loves when they take their group's cars to the track in WI for import days to run them (includes a 10 second civic among others). She will only drive a manual and works on her car.
Now THATS how to raise a young lady!

Though I have to admit it was weird a few years ago for both of us to be cruising side by side on the strip that i used to hang out back in the 80's...

Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
The sexiest woman I ever saw was driving a flat bed Ford.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
Women who drive supercars of the performance type like a Corvette, 911, etc. are either lesbians or have daddy issues. Same as wearing a 2 button blazer and a necktie. I just go . . . Ok . . . . Opposite end of the same spectrum as seeing the guy driving a white VW convertible with a plastic flower on the antenna. . . . OK . . . . I get it.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 PM

237 posts, read 499,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
...the women who drive the Prius or Mini...
Interesting juxtaposition of two cars that occupy two completely different market segments. The Prius is a boring transportation appliance that your grandma picks up groceries in, in contrast the MINI is a true driver's car with 50 years of racing heritage. I'm a guy who drives a Cooper Works MINI, I feel sorry for Prius (Pious?) drivers...
j

Old 10-26-2011, 02:10 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
Quote:
For the woman. Is what you buy an extension of who you feel you are? I'm sure the lions share of woman and men out there just look at it from a transportation stand point. Chime in too if thats the case.
I've always owned coupes. I think sedans are for people with kids or spouses or both. Plus I Iike the way coupes handle corners better than sedans....well, the ones I've driven in my price range. I like the financial practicality of a car under $25,000 but the fun of a sports coupe.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Women who drive supercars of the performance type like a Corvette, 911, etc. are either lesbians or have daddy issues..
ROTFLMHighPerformanceBO. Really. I laughed out loud. I guess I've got some of them daddy issues since he was asking me to hand him a wrench when I was still in diapers. What was he thinking? He's also the one who paid for me to do a week up at the Bondurant school. Yeah. Definitely blaming it all on Daddy.

(Thanks, Dad!)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-26-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 10-26-2011, 04:04 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
ROTFLMHighPerformanceBO. Really. I laughed out loud. I guess I've got some of them daddy issues since he was asking me to hand him a wrench when I was still in diapers. What was he thinking? He's also the one who paid for me to do a week up at the Bondurant school. Yeah. Definitely blaming it all on Daddy.

(Thanks, Dad!)
What a great dad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The sexiest woman I ever saw was driving a flat bed Ford.
Was it in Winslow Az by chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive