Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 09:20 PM

53 posts, read 476,032 times

Advertisements

I have a code for secondary air injection on my 01 audi a4. I have heard that regular OBD scanners cannot pick up this code because it is manufacture specific. (p1411)

I also heard that the OBD scanners will only pick up codes in the following manner : (P0XXX)

My code is not a (P0) BUT a P1 (P1411)

MIL is on. Guy at autozone couldnt pick up this code on his scanner and im wondering if it will be OK for state inspection.

Inspection is for the State of Texas.

I cleared the codes and MIL went off but i cant get my secondary air injection readiness monitor to pass or my evap monitor.

Weird thing is once the MIL turns on for the faulty pump, the SAI monitor becomes ready at the expense of MIL.

In addition to the original question if anyone can suggest how i can get my evap monitor ready then i can pass inspection. I'll just clear the codes and try to get all the monitors ready except thr SAI and i will pass. Thing is EVAP is really hard to make "ready"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
If the MIL is on, they won't even bother hooking the scanner up to the port. It's automatic fail.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If the MIL is on, they won't even bother hooking the scanner up to the port. It's automatic fail.
Oh darn. i guess ill have to hope the evap monitor becomes ready before the MIL does lol

Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,411,984 times
Or, you could FIX the problem.

Boggles my mind, you know what the issue is, I know you have the internet since you're posting here. I'm going to take a leap of faith and say you know how to use a search engine too... this link, it was the 2nd result of a search with just your code:

AudiWorld Forums - Threads Tagged with p1411

Seems to be a common thing, WELL documented on how to resolve and you'll have a properly functioning vehicle. Appears that you can't obtain the most fuel economy possible with that code/issue, which Ought to be motivation enough to fix it...

I just don't understand the mentality of accepting a MIL/CEL and "living with it". 9 times out of 10, it's something that can be fixed for under $50 and in Way less than an hour.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:56 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Dose your county have emission testing? If they don't, then don't worry about it, check engine light is not a fail for the "safety inspection"

Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post

Boggles my mind, you know what the issue is, I know you have the internet since you're posting here. I'm going to take a leap of faith and say you know how to use a search engine too... this link, it was the 2nd result of a search with just your code:

Seems to be a common thing, WELL documented on how to resolve and you'll have a properly functioning vehicle. Appears that you can't obtain the most fuel economy possible with that code/issue, which Ought to be motivation enough to fix it...

I just don't understand the mentality of accepting a MIL/CEL and "living with it". 9 times out of 10, it's something that can be fixed for under $50 and in Way less than an hour.
Well not in this case. The pump died and the dealer wants 700 for the pump I can get one cheapest for around 4-500 online. The combi valves on bank one isn't properly opening and closing $250 and a pita to replace.

I was going to have the SAI coded out of the ecu because that is only $200 but I don't have time for it this month and my inspection is due this month.
Anyhow then SAI isn't any thing that harms the engine or car.

Sent from my iPhone Quattro.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7t View Post
Well not in this case. The pump died and the dealer wants 700 for the pump I can get one cheapest for around 4-500 online. The combi valves on bank one isn't properly opening and closing $250 and a pita to replace.

I was going to have the SAI coded out of the ecu because that is only $200 but I don't have time for it this month and my inspection is due this month.
Anyhow then SAI isn't any thing that harms the engine or car.

Don't have time for it as in, I would have to take out the ecu and ship it out to a company who tunes the code out This is my DD.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post

Funny thing about your post is that found in the links you provided:

Quote:
More likely a vacuum line than a fuse.

Don't sweat it in the short term. No problem driving this way until you can fix the problem.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Does MIL mean Mother in law?

I'm sort of joking, but what exactly does it mean? I think I know what the I and L mean, but I don't know what the M stands for.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Does MIL mean Mother in law?

I'm sort of joking, but what exactly does it mean? I think I know what the I and L mean, but I don't know what the M stands for.
Malfunction indicator lamp. Or in other words CEL check engine light.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive