Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who makes the nicest cars with the least snob appeal?
Acura 9 13.64%
Audi 6 9.09%
BMW 2 3.03%
Buick 13 19.70%
Cadillac 4 6.06%
Chrysler 5 7.58%
Hyundai 18 27.27%
Infiniti 7 10.61%
Jaguar 0 0%
Land Rover 1 1.52%
Lexus 2 3.03%
Lincoln 5 7.58%
Mercedes 1 1.52%
Porsche 1 1.52%
Subaru 14 21.21%
Volvo 14 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,189,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
Hyundai, hands down. I wouldn't trade in my Audi for one, or even brag to my co-workers if i had one, but gotta give them props for really nailing both the outside styling & interior design. Stepping into a Sonata or Genesis makes you feel like you spent $10k more. Their attention to detail & fit/finish put VW, Acura, Volvo, Caddy & Buick to shame.
The only thing I worry about is that along with other auto manufacturers Hyundai has been ramping up production at a fairly fast rate to gain more market share and this often leads to quality issues if not handled properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
So you wouldn't trade your Audi for one but they put VW to shame...cars with nearly the same interiors as an Audi? Interesting...
It can be interesting when other people's opinions don't align with your own.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM

458 posts, read 1,253,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
It can be interesting when other people's opinions don't align with your own.
Hyundai has definitely improved their quality over the past few years but I definitely wouldn't say they put many of those brands "to shame". I guess I would like to ask what specifically Hyundai cars have that puts them to shame?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,742,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
Hyundai has definitely improved their quality over the past few years but I definitely wouldn't say they put many of those brands "to shame". I guess I would like to ask what specifically Hyundai cars have that puts them to shame?
Nothing that I could tell. I swapped the Genesis for what I consider to be a "base model" Benz C250. I'd GLADLY take the Benz over the Genesis. Better interior all around, the handling felt 100x better and plenty of power for a 4cyl. I consider myself to be an average guy and I'm not generally worried about having an uber lux interior, I don't even have leather seats in my Jeep. But I can tell you for certain, I wouldn't touch a current Genesis with a 10ft pole now. Hyundai would need to make some serious changes before I'd consider one, especially with the redesigned Avalon coming out.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Nothing that I could tell. I swapped the Genesis for what I consider to be a "base model" Benz C250. I'd GLADLY take the Benz over the Genesis. Better interior all around, the handling felt 100x better and plenty of power for a 4cyl. I consider myself to be an average guy and I'm not generally worried about having an uber lux interior, I don't even have leather seats in my Jeep. But I can tell you for certain, I wouldn't touch a current Genesis with a 10ft pole now. Hyundai would need to make some serious changes before I'd consider one, especially with the redesigned Avalon coming out.
I'd pick one up in a heart beat but used 2009's are still selling for over $20k. The Avalon competes with the Azera (new version just released) which is a very nice car. The newly redesigned Azera is actually a nicer car inside than the Genesis but unfortunately like the Avalon it is FWD. The Equus is simply gorgeous inside and I can't imagine any honest person sayings it isn't up to snuff. The leather is soft, the wood trim is real and the wine cooler in the rear is a cherry on top. I sat in one at the SF International Auto Show and was hugely impressed. Better than my 2007 530i without question.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,498,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Over here Land Rover are seen much differently. The big Yuppie ones you refer to are known as Range Rovers over here and yeah, they're known as prestige cars.

One of these pics' I drove for the last 3 years and the other I own. Neither are viewed as prestige vehicles and the second one is what most people think of when you say "I have a Land Rover".
LOL... now that is some serious 4X4 machinery (would be great at rush hour around here)!! A retired friend still owns one of the old 60's Land Rovers like this one that really made the marque, and which you could repair out in the middle of the Sahara if need be. Helluva toolkit on that thing, and he's taken it all over the dam place! Now that's my idea of 'status'!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM

265 posts, read 805,082 times
Saab isn't showing in the list. They made great driving cars, good quality, nice interiors an no snob appeal.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,467,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'd pick one up in a heart beat but used 2009's are still selling for over $20k. The Avalon competes with the Azera (new version just released) which is a very nice car. The newly redesigned Azera is actually a nicer car inside than the Genesis but unfortunately like the Avalon it is FWD. The Equus is simply gorgeous inside and I can't imagine any honest person sayings it isn't up to snuff. The leather is soft, the wood trim is real and the wine cooler in the rear is a cherry on top. I sat in one at the SF International Auto Show and was hugely impressed. Better than my 2007 530i without question.
The equus is a nice car that won't sell more without that Hyundai tag on it. Funny thing is here in NYC the strong majority of people who drive it are Jewish people, and that's mainly because they barely drive German luxury.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,571,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf67 View Post
Saab isn't showing in the list. They made great driving cars, good quality, nice interiors an no snob appeal.
The only list Saab should be on is "worst money pits."

(Recovering Saab addict).

Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
The equus is a nice car that won't sell more without that Hyundai tag on it. Funny thing is here in NYC the strong majority of people who drive it are Jewish people, and that's mainly because they barely drive German luxury.
I wouldn't doubt it. The car isn't meant to break sales records though, more a demonstration of what they are capable of as the brand focuses on changing perception now that the product is there. Perception is changing without question however and the number of new cars you see on the road along with all of the additional Hyundai themed conversation compared to years past shows it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive