Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM

28 posts, read 102,160 times

Advertisements

which state or city has the best used cars market?

im planning to buy used suvs and sport cars and export them to the middle east im also going to buy use engines and other parts as well

so which state or city is best for what im looking for?

and which city is most known for sport cars ,modified cars ,low rids and all?

i mean a lots of hangouts and stuff?
like the movie "Fast & Furious"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 05:46 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,749,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaas View Post

which state or city has the best used cars market?

im planning to buy used suvs and sport cars and export them to the middle east im also going to buy use engines and other parts as well

so which state or city is best for what im looking for?

and which city is most known for sport cars ,modified cars ,low rids and all?

i mean a lots of hangouts and stuff?
like the movie "Fast & Furious"
California is the most progressive, in my opinion. Another place to look at are Navy Towns like Norfolk, VA, VA Beach, VA, San Diego, CA since many sailors transfer overseas and have to get rid of cars.

Used SUVs are everywhere. Buy them where gas prices are higher (i.e. New England, Mid Atlantic).

Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,657,393 times
Old friend who had a body shop said San Jose had the cheapest autos in best condition. He often bought complete cars for the car parts.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 AM

thank you all

how about phoenix, az?

Old 01-09-2009, 11:21 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,347,318 times
I'm sure the data, or at least estimates of used car sales volume are out there somewhere to be found on the internet.

I'd shoot for any big city if setting up shop.

The people you will compete with in this venture often go regional and have car haulers or have a contract with car haulers so they can drive 1 day, hit and auction, get 4 or 5 vehicles and get them moving ASAP.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,506,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
I'm sure the data, or at least estimates of used car sales volume are out there somewhere to be found on the internet.

I'd shoot for any big city if setting up shop.

The people you will compete with in this venture often go regional and have car haulers or have a contract with car haulers so they can drive 1 day, hit and auction, get 4 or 5 vehicles and get them moving ASAP.
Syracuse, NY and surrounding communities.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,795 posts, read 58,282,396 times
Dallas seems to fit for me and other acquaintances who buy / sell

no rust, cheap flights and plenty of cars / SUV's
CA will have the most 'modified' newer cars and trucks. PHX is probably a good choice too.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:40 PM

In CA wont the living expenses and shipping be much hire? (since im exporting to the middle east)

houston im guessing is good ,dont you think?

how is it in florida?

thank you all

Old 01-27-2009, 01:45 PM

3,539 posts, read 9,450,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Syracuse, NY and surrounding communities.
Yeah, it does seem so. Lots of people are into that sort of thing around here. Just not my thing. BMW's and Italian motor scooters are more my style.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,506,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Yeah, it does seem so. Lots of people are into that sort of thing around here. Just not my thing. BMW's and Italian motor scooters are more my style.
I hear it's due to all the repo'd cars from NYC. I was looking around there when I was up on a business trip and vowed the next car I buy will be bought there. There are so many good deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive