Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 08:04 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,181 times

Advertisements

Do they work and fit well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
No. I don't eat from a trough when I'm in my car. My wife thinks its a great idea. The drop stop not the eating from a trough.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,792,860 times
Nope.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:33 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
What is is for?

Old 04-19-2014, 08:37 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
If there's one thing I won't do, and actually there are quite a few, is eat in my vehicle. Had to do it when I was younger and when the kids were little we always had snacks for them on a long trip (Cheerios all over). Mrs. NBP does and every one of her cars smell like french fries.

Youngest son hauled a WaWa sub into my new truck a couple weeks ago and unwrapped it. I pulled over and told him he had two choices-rewrap the sandwich until we got home in 15 minutes or get out and eat the damn thing on the side of the road. He was able to eat it in the living room. He knows better.

That, and people riding with their feet on the dash/out the window (and I've seen drivers with their left foot out the window) drive me crazy.

I will cop to drinking coffee when I'm driving.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:58 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If there's one thing I won't do, and actually there are quite a few, is eat in my vehicle. Had to do it when I was younger and when the kids were little we always had snacks for them on a long trip (Cheerios all over).

That, and people riding with their feet on the dash/out the window (and I've seen drivers with their left foot out the window) drive me crazy.

I will cop to drinking coffee when I'm driving.
When I bought my SHO I found Cheetos in the map pockets in the back seat.

The feet on the dash/out the window thing doesnt bother me. Heck as a teen I drove with my foot out the window..........because I could

Old 04-19-2014, 02:33 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:

Didn't you know that the folks who ride with their feet on the dashboard have decided that what they REALLY want most in life is to to be able to brag about having a dislocated hip?
Yup! Once those airbags deploy, they will get their wish.

And, the ones who ride with their feet outside the car have decided that this is easier than bathing on a regular basis.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:39 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Depends on the feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Didn't you know that the folks who ride with their feet on the dashboard have decided that what they REALLY want most in life is to to be able to brag about having a dislocated hip?
Yup! Once those airbags deploy, they will get their wish.

And, the ones who ride with their feet outside the car have decided that this is easier than bathing on a regular basis.

Some people live their lives as an exercise in what the worst possible situation may be. Others just face what happens, and don't concern themselves with the least likely scenario.

I've been using drop stops for years. Mine are called towels, and they serve lots of purposes.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What is is for?
It's this foam rubber thing that goes between your center console and seat edge on driver side where you clip your seatbelt. It covers that space so you don't drop food down in the bottomless pit between the seat and console

Old 04-20-2014, 12:14 PM

568 posts, read 2,420,290 times
They'd be good for things other than food too. There's no food in my cars, but I can't count the number of times my wife has been sitting in the passenger seat and has dropped her phone or a pen or other random crap through that space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive