Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:59 AM

522 posts, read 721,834 times

Advertisements

most definitely.
Especially, when I see the geo metro of hyunai/kia drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:10 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Yes in most cases, people cars often reflect their personality.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:57 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Shorts and flip flops drive me nuts. I went down a couple years ago, full gear except armored pants. Had some good rash on my knees and banged up my kneecap, otherwise fine. I see these guys riding around shorts and a wife beater with their girl on the back in booty shorts and a cami with flip flops and the only thing I think is, dude, it's gonna be a ***** when you eat the pavement. In KS...saw that plus neither one of them was wearing a helmet. I'm surprised the mortician wasn't following them around.
I don't get the riders without eye protection. Day and night protection. I see that a lot here in houston.
Houston roads are full debris.

No eye protection and wearing flip flops to ride is just trouble waiting to happen.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Something I do know is when considering an employer take notice of the cars in the parking lot. Clunkers can mean low pay or no advancement.
^^^this.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:48 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Pretty much if they drive any car (or truck) (aka "cager") in the summer time...it says I want security, protection, comfort and probably am not very alert on the road.
Or maybe they just have a family

Plenty of clueless people on two wheels. Just the other day I was stuck behind someone on a cruiser who hogged the left lane for about five mins.

The week before that I got stuck behind some guys on Adventure bikes that pulled out round a blind corner and cut me off, only to drive 35 in a 50 zone. They couldn't take a corner to save their lives. They were holding me up in my 9000lb truck towing a trailer.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
there are cars that i like and would like to have but cannot own because that specific model is associated with unfavorable cult following kinda like an 69 orange charger or a 77 black trans am

Old 08-06-2014, 07:35 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Yes in most cases, people cars often reflect their personality.
Guess I am trouble... I own 50 vehicles...

You might see my driving a like new BMW or a ratty 1960 pickup or my daily driver for years was a 1972 Plymouth Valiant... on nice days I might drive the 62 Corvette or Mustang Convertible.

Other days it could be a Model A Roadster with rumble seat, a 57 Ford or my 1938 Bantam 60 Roadster.

My boss used to get so mad at me... she couldn't stand my 72 Plymouth Valiant... said it looked like I belonged in a senior home... she even said she knows I can afford a better car. She once said if I insist on driving it... please do not park in the administration parking lot.

... and that's the point... variety really is the spice of life... keep em, guessing

PS... today I drove my 91 Silverado stepside pickup...

Old 08-06-2014, 09:56 PM

522 posts, read 721,834 times
^^ Are you looking to adopt a fairly young man into your family? I'll make cofee, wash cars (all 50) and do chores.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
It tells me a little bit about the person yes, but I do not judge someone for their choices.

If someones rolls around in a supercharged R8, you know they have money.

If someone rolls around in a huge van, you know they have a large family.

If someone rolls around in a beat up work truck, you know they work with their truck.

Etc etc.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:44 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
^^ Are you looking to adopt a fairly young man into your family? I'll make cofee, wash cars (all 50) and do chores.
In full disclosure only 22 are insured for the road... the others are all future projects... mostly Model A and Model T...

I worked a couple of summers going to school at a Dealership and one of the perks was I could pick out a car to drive home... only about 5 miles...

One day it would be new and the next it would be old... sometimes they would ask me drive a car to see if I could replicate a problem... driving a different car each day was the fun part... no one ever knew me by the car I drove... the downside is I could never leave anything in the car!

Took some courses in the community college for welding and machine shop... had to register the car you drove... every day I would register and after a few days... they asked what was going on... told them I have a work car and it is different everyday... gave me an employee pass for the mirror as a student and all was good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive