Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 09:24 PM

525 posts, read 817,889 times

Advertisements

Last time he did one once I started to exist on narrow dangerously curvy unlit highway ramp (237 toward 101, Bay Area, California). Since it was only one lane I did slow down him for a bit and when it widened and it passed I turned headlights on for a while.

It seems to me Bay Area has a few passive-aggressive drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 09:37 PM

17,390 posts, read 12,351,649 times
Flashing someone after they passed you is pretty passive aggressive.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:40 PM

17,666 posts, read 17,834,358 times
First I flip the switch on the center rear view mirror to avoid the blinding light. Next I make sure to lock my cruise control at exactly the posted speed limit. Third, I try to ignore the jerk and focus on the road ahead. If he's becoming an aggressive and possibly violent jerk then I make my way to the local police station while using the Bluetooth to call 911 to report the aggressive driver.

Of course, all the above is if I'm not hogging the left lane of the highway.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Flashing someone after they passed you is pretty passive aggressive.
Hell yeah, if someone blinds me I return them a favor.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:51 PM

17,390 posts, read 12,351,649 times
Gotta break the cycle. Otherwise you just become the initiating jerk when your "revenge flash" inadvertently affects someone else.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
First I flip the switch on the center rear view mirror to avoid the blinding light. Next I make sure to lock my cruise control at exactly the posted speed limit. Third, I try to ignore the jerk and focus on the road ahead. If he's becoming an aggressive and possibly violent jerk then I make my way to the local police station while using the Bluetooth to call 911 to report the aggressive driver.

How do you get his license plate when he is behind you? I am curious.
Last time I was not hogging a line or driving too slow. I was exiting slowly at dangerous narrow curvy ramp without lighting. And then I get some flashy Lexus car flashing at me. Must have been some spoiled rich teenager who did not deserve his driving privileges.

They should make it much more difficult like in Europe for new drivers to obtain drivers license and at minimum age of 18, but thats another topic. There is already too many people who easily obtain license but do not know how to drive. Did you know you don't need traffic school to get a driver's license?

Old 11-01-2015, 10:02 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,101,544 times
For people like that, I slow way down and force them pass. I'd feel safer with them in front of me where I can keep an eye on them in case I need to call the police if they get even dumber.

I have no time for foolishness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242 View Post

They should make it much more difficult like in Europe for new drivers to obtain drivers license and at minimum age of 18, but thats another topic. There is already too many people who easily obtain license but do not know how to drive. Did you know you don't need traffic school to get a driver's license?
Some states require front plates but not all of them do. And even the ones that do, not everyone uses them. You'll see sports cars in mandatory front plate states not use the front plate because a lot of the sports cars these days do not design the front to be plate friendly.

I agree with you on the Europe aspect for licensing. Problem is that Americans have taken the thought that driving is a right and not a privilege so everyone gets a license.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,934,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post

this.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:30 PM

17,666 posts, read 17,834,358 times
Quote:
Last time I was not hogging a line or driving too slow. I was exiting slowly at dangerous narrow curvy ramp without lighting. And then I get some flashy Lexus car flashing at me. Must have been some spoiled rich teenager who did not deserve his driving privileges.

If he's aggressively following you, you don't need to tell the cops his license. You tell them where you are, a description of his vehicle, your vehicle, and hopefully they'll show up before the jerk gets bored or angry enough to do damage to your vehicle.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:39 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,878,537 times
Quote:
I was exiting slowly at dangerous narrow curvy ramp without lighting. And then I get some flashy Lexus car flashing at me. Must have been some spoiled rich teenager who did not deserve his driving privileges.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but was this at night? Why I ask is that if you were driving "without any lights" as you stated and it was at night, a common courtesy for another car to do is flash his headlights at you or quickly turn them off and back on a couple times to remind you to turn your lights on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive