Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:01 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishpeoplerdecent View Post
I have all the evidence, clear as day. However, i wont take her to the count nor call her insurance(If she has one). I just want her apologize to a fact. People are not decent, that's upset me. I got hit and run 4 weeks ago. Now she slammed on my car in front of my eyes, but wont admitted. It just extremely upsetting. I dont feel bad now, cus i realize, she lied in front her kid. and with the thought that she may get sued, she will teach her kid to lie as well. So I dont want to spend anytime on this, this is over. Only bad thing is now i have to know this person exits.
You have zero evidence aside from your word. In other words, you have no more evidence than she would if she were to lie and say you pushed her and assaulted her over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Thats my thought when i had the heated head that that moment, now it just not worth it. I do want her get punished tho. I bought some rubbing compound and it work out fine. She lied in front of her kid and prob will teach her kid to lie just in case i do sue her. For me, Thats bad enough. People like her will never find peace.
Actually, I think it's people like you that will never find peace. You just have to learn to let the little stuff roll off your back. You rubbed it out just fine for $5 worth of compound yet were going to put her through the wringer and turn her day (and perhaps monthly finances) upside down over it.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yep, turnabout is fair play.

I was just getting into my car in a parking lot, when a guy pulls up in an SUV and his kid in the backseat kicks open the door with his feet and it slammed into my car. Big dent and a white scrape in my black paint on my Accord. The guy and his kid were walking away. I tried to confront him about it but he just said, "He didn't mean to do it," and walked away.

So I got in the back seat of my car, shut the door, and then kicked it open as hard as I could. Left a really nice dent and scratch on his nice white SUV. He came running back, yelling. I said, "I didn't mean to do it," got in my car and drove off.
Not legally. The difference between an accident and a crime is often intent. Intentionally damaging someone's property who accidentally damaged yours opens you up to criminal charges.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
Parking lots are considered private property and surprised the police came. The only thing they will do is ticket you if found illegally in a handicap spot. Also watch for backing out of a parking spot as if you do hit another car by law you are responsible for the damage. Am only going by law in my state. Hit and run in a parking lot is considered a crime but a scratch isnt considered much damage but a dent would be.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:16 AM

31 posts, read 49,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
I inderstand being pissed but in reality that scratch can be buffed out. Not worth the $500
Deductible plus the possible rise in insurance costs. Jus b thankful it wasn't worse.
I paid 500$ deductible last month cus some hit and run break my bumper in a PARKING LOT. What we talked about here was the second time in one month. i saw it happened, but she refuse to admitted it. So you could imaging how upset I was.

I bought some rubbing compound to fix it. It looks fine, you could only see it when you get close.

I was just really upset with her careless attitude and the indecent lying behavior.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:19 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,171,303 times
Quote:
I paid 500$ deductible last month cus some hit and run break my bumper in a PARKING LOT. What we talked about here was the second time in one month. i saw it happened, but she refuse to admitted it. So you could imaging how upset I was.

I bought some rubbing compound to fix it. It looks fine, you could only see it when you get close.

I was just really upset with her careless attitude and the indecent lying behavior.
Which instead of letting something that is trivial (since it was an easy fix) bother you, look on the bright side. It isn't the same as the last time this happened. Yes I'd be pissed if I saw it and the person lied, but a scratch isn't the end of the world.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sounds like you're taking out all your anger over the first incident on the person involved in the second incident. She made a simple mistake and probably can't afford to shell out hundreds of dollars for it. What was she driving?
Toyota camery. I understand what you said. But still not a reason to lie, a simple apology will make everyone feel better. And she lie to the police in front her kid. Thats not ok in any circumstance.

I spend 30 dollars to fix my car myself. The damage itself was not the point that up set tho.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Actually, I think it's people like you that will never find peace. You just have to learn to let the little stuff roll off your back. You rubbed it out just fine for $5 worth of compound yet were going to put her through the wringer and turn her day (and perhaps monthly finances) upside down over it.

I have to say, peoples' view are really different on the same thing even when you think it was clear like a day. I understand what you said. first, I will not asks her to pay. I asked her insurence info after she checked my car and say she didnt do it. Cus her horrible attitude, I feel like she need be punished for her action.

People can be poor and decent at the same time, plus I dont think she is poor. Being poor still shouldnt be a reason to be a ****ty person. A simple apology will make everyone feel better, yet she chose to lie about it. And she lied to the police in front her kid. Thats not ok in any circumstance.

I spend 30 dollars to fix my car myself. The damage itself was not the point that up set tho. She is a bad person and that will influence her kid too.

Last edited by wishpeoplerdecent; 09-15-2015 at 11:00 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You have zero evidence aside from your word. In other words, you have no more evidence than she would if she were to lie and say you pushed her and assaulted her over it.
Her pain rubbed on my door, when she open the door, scratch matches where the door hit. I parked in the middle of the lot and She parked bearly in her parking lot, too close to my side. she prob think about saying all that to turn onto me, but she knew there was a camera pointing to that direction. I dont know why you trying to defend someone being ****ty. Her daughter saw it too. But i dont want get kid involved. And she prob will teach the kid lie too with the thought i may or may not sue her.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:45 AM

455 posts, read 598,479 times
Quote:
Toyota camery. I understand what you said. But still not a reason to lie, a simple apology will make everyone feel better.
OMG....came to post that she was probably driving a Camry...lo and behold she was

Camrys and their drivers are the scourge of the road. Did she have the infamous "Camry Dent" in the corner of the bumper? A missing wheel cover also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive