Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 04:15 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
You can believe what you want but it's a fact cars cause most of the wrecks with trucks. There are tons of videos on youtube proving it and that's just the trucks with dashcams that can prove it.
These videos only prove that there is a problem. They do not prove what was asserted, that most truck accidents are caused by cars cutting in front of trucks. Do you have actual data that proves that assertion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Your thread title is inaccurate. People don't think, thus they do stupid things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIsMyUserName View Post
An alarming amount of people don't think and/or don't understand physics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Not many people are educated enough to know that these trucks can't stop on a dime like smaller cars. If they have a heavy load it'll take a longer time for them to come to a complete stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
There are a lot of very stupid people. They don't have the first clue about mass, momentum and kinetic energy.

Unfortunately, they breed faster than their idiocy kills them off.
these and others are right, most people dont think when they get behind the wheel, except about their own little world. its like they take their brains out of their heads behind the wheel of a car, and put them back in when they get where they are going, sometimes.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:30 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
these and others are right, most people dont think when they get behind the wheel, except about their own little world. its like they take their brains out of their heads behind the wheel of a car, and put them back in when they get where they are going, sometimes.
These are some of the same drivers who go 6 miles above the speed limit in the left lane then won't move over for car or truck, with the only thought about the effects their actions have on others being "damn those speeders".

Old 03-19-2016, 05:21 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,721,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Ok, maybe I'm an idiot, but in the 2nd and3rdvideos, why was the truck all the way over in the left lane? I have no idea what was going on in the 2nd video and why the driver slammed on her brakes on the highway - yes that's insane - but what was the truck doing all the way over on the left? In the 3rd video the truck driver could see that there was a left merge lane coming up, so why was he all the way over there? Why didn't he move over so the car could merge?

Or do truck drivers not have to follow the same rules that I'm supposed to follow?
The 2nd video, the truck was passing a car. Not every location has a prohibition on trucks in the far left lane.

The 3rd video was shot in Australia. They drive on the wrong side there.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:32 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
These videos only prove that there is a problem. They do not prove what was asserted, that most truck accidents are caused by cars cutting in front of trucks. Do you have actual data that proves that assertion?
I said most car,accidents that involve cars and trucks are caused by cars. Its not only cars cutting them off its other issues like not yielding coming onto an expressway and being pushed off the road by trucks because they cant move over. Many reasons just google to find the data.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:00 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:

Honestly i think a law should be made for all regular drivers license holders to take a series of classes about the dangers of cutting off tractor trailers and other aggressive moves they make around these trucks. Either that or include it in the drivers license exam.
Now look, you aren't going to have Darwin let one go are you?

Let's let them find out the HARD way....

Old 03-20-2016, 01:35 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
People are basically STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2016, 07:13 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
I said most car,accidents that involve cars and trucks are caused by cars. Its not only cars cutting them off its other issues like not yielding coming onto an expressway and being pushed off the road by trucks because they cant move over. Many reasons just google to find the data.
I really don't care about data, I'm just pointing out that videos are proof for the claim, or are not enough proof. I certainly agree that cars do a lot of stupid things around trucks. The videos do show that.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:27 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
I find most people concentrate on getting there. They don't really see the traffic around them. It's more like here is my street or off ramp I need to get off. I'm in the wrong lane I'll just cut across quick rather than go to the next street or off ramp get off and turn around

Yesterday there was a guy in a 5 series zipping around traffic cutting people off. Basically driving like he was in a nascar race. Total db move. Sure he may gat away wit it now or even a few times. But guys like that eventually do wreck.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:06 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
We don't need more laws.. it's called the darwin award... why must certain people try to protect everyone from themselves on every little thing that happens in life? If you can't figure this simple thing out, maybe you deserve to be rear ended by a semi.

I've seen plenty of semis take 5 minutes to pass another semi.. people like that should have their CDL suspended.. as a person who's paid to drive for a living, you shouldn't be clogging up both lanes of the interstate so you can get somewhere 2 minutes faster over an 8 hour trip... pass the other semi quickly or I'm calling that number on the back and reporting you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive