Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 AM

3,052 posts, read 5,014,946 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with passenger vans like the Ford Transit or the GM/Chevy? Does it make sense to get one for family (non-commercial) use? I drove a box truck for years, so size is not an issue.

I'm thinking that it makes more sense than a 3rd row SUV since it can hold a lot more with the seats taken out (are there any that have easy seat removal?), and if there are a lot of people, it handles that way better too. Do GM or Ford have easier to remove/install seats? Do any have recessed attachment points that won't get in the way of cargo?

Since I'm not commuting in it, fuel economy doesn't really matter. As for used ones, are there issues with the new Transit? Should I try to find an E-series? I had a GMC Savana that had almost 200k with no issues.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive