Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:25 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
I liked the crash video shown by following the link. Especially the passenger in the car filming the Veyron: "That'll be mine one day. It's a Lambo, doooooood."

I never did see the pelican, but that's just me. I'm sure there's probably more to it. Or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I liked the crash video shown by following the link. Especially the passenger in the car filming the Veyron: "That'll be mine one day. It's a Lambo, doooooood."

I never did see the pelican, but that's just me. I'm sure there's probably more to it. Or less.
holy crap they got it all on film awsome
to be honest I hate the looks of the Veyron it just a waste of course a car with 16 cylinders and four turbos is going to be fast but it does not have the sexy lines of a ferrari or lamborghini it is only cool because of it's the fastest production car. got to love at regular cruising speeds it gets 5.82 mpg and At full throttle it gets 2.05 MPG which would empty its 100 litres (22.0 imp gal; 26.4 US gal) fuel tank in just 12 minutes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron

Last edited by GTOlover; 11-13-2009 at 09:39 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 09:45 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

WoW he must hate his life right now and if he had a rifle most likely that Pelican wouldn't have one

Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 PM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,625,459 times
What a big loss and a big mistake!

Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,160,089 times
Story doesn't add up

Not sure if guys from ?Lufkin TX (buying car in Podunk AR) have need for insurance money

And suspect most legit Veyron owners have full insurance (and car is prob leased anyway) so no big deal (anyone who drives a $200K+ car is far more worried about liability in any collision (no matter fault) than silly car, which is a disposable commodity that's insured and prob $0-down leased (w/lease-gap ins cvg))...first call post-any collision is usually to one's dealer to merely order another new copy (if collision involves another party first call is to one's lawyer to manage liability exposure)

Old 11-14-2009, 04:38 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
he must of been speeding because his spoiler that only comes up after certain speed seems to be deployed.
Not sure what the speed is that the spoiler rises...mine it is 60mph...so not really a big deal ()

The pelican is the million dollar question! Or $1.6 million....the kids video shows no pelicans ....but it sure makes a good story and made the front pg news.

hsw: As to ordering another....LOL...doubtful....Wasn't there only 50 or some ridiculously low #, made in the world? And you don't "lease" a Veyron.

Last edited by ShelbyGirl1; 11-14-2009 at 05:50 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 06:17 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
I didn't see a Pelican either in the video of this doof driving into the water. Just goes to show, you may be able to BUY the car, but you still may not be able to actually DRIVE the car.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:20 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
According to today's paper...the car may not have belonged to him! He owns a company that restores damaged exotics....Looks like he has his work cut out for him!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:03 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Awww, he broke his toy. Poor baby

Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...This actually happened not too far from me. As the "story" goes, he was not speeding and was not on his cell....His cell slid onto the floor boards and he reached for it...then the pelicans attacked! I'm guessing there is more to it than what we are all hearing.
I thought of you when I first saw this story yesterday. If I had been home I was going send you a pm about it. This is going to be an interesting story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
According to today's paper...the car may not have belonged to him! He owns a company that restores damaged exotics....Looks like he has his work cut out for him!
OH DEAR! That is what happened to the fool that got the Ferrari stuck on the railroad tracks up out of Sherman (Texas) last year. It wasn't his. He owned a shop that worked on them and he got wasted drunk and was driving this car that was in his shop trying to head to somewhere south of Ft Worth from Carrollton (north of Dallas) and ended up in Sherman (up on the Oklahoma border). He called 911 telling them all he could see were trees and a railroad track and had no clue where he was then they heard the train whistle and it was the 911 operator that kept telling him to get out of the car. Drunk fool didn't even realize that. Don't know where he is today but it only took a day or so for the Ferrari chat folks to get an idea of whose car it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive