Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,132,407 times

Advertisements

The press has apparantly stopped manufacturing news against Toyota. Their vendetta against Toyota didn't give them the results they hoped for. People want value, reliability, and dependability. The press tried to sully Toyota's reputation to get people to buy the unreliable crap that Detroit spews out. When it comes to money, people make the right choices. I am sure this vendetta was caused by the Cash For Clunkers program. The most bought new car was the Toyota Corolla. I am sure Government Motors didn't like that much, so they did their best to ruin the leader. To regain market share all they have to do is build cars as well as Toyota, value their customers as well as Toyota, and get rid of the leeches of the UAW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 04:56 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,635 times
Didn't wana take a chance so brought my 08 tundra in for the pedal recall, course when I trade it I may get a chevy or ford, but it'll be at around 200,000 to 250,000 miles that way it'll be broke in for the next owner.Pedal problem my azz.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,906,525 times
Toyota is doing just fine and will take a very minimal hit from all of the false reporting.

Talking bad about Toyota is analogous to talking bad about Apple Inc. Both companies have recalls, but at the end of the day their stores (Apple) and showrooms (Toyota) are packed with buyers.

Consumers aren't as stupid as you think--at least those who value quality.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
The first link was a crash that happened back in November, the second, who really knows what happened. The guy could have easily been hitting the gas instead of the brake. We'll wait and see.
Most of the problems have been linked to driver error so, I'll take a gamble and bet this was too.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:01 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Toyota is doing just fine and will take a very minimal hit from all of the false reporting.

Talking bad about Toyota is analogous to talking bad about Apple Inc. Both companies have recalls, but at the end of the day their stores (Apple) and showrooms (Toyota) are packed with buyers.

Consumers aren't as stupid as you think--at least those who value quality.

What I find locally in Chicagoland is that the Toyota dealers have a LOT of inventory and are moving a lot of units.

The "domestic" brands are carrying NO inventory and are pretty slow. For example, I was looking for a Ford Taurus and saw a total of three on the lot at the three dealerships I visited. At one, you could have the Taurus in any color as long as you liked blue ... or were willing to special order.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times
Toyota has temporarily propped up sales with incentives. Eventually, the incentives will have to end and the sales hangover will begin...then they will be back in the incentives game like an addiction.

Residuals are down, owner loyalty is down, customer satisfaction is down, brand consideration is down. Only the foolish think Toyota has been unaffected.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Toyota has temporarily propped up sales with incentives. Eventually, the incentives will have to end and the sales hangover will begin...then they will be back in the incentives game like an addiction.

Residuals are down, owner loyalty is down, customer satisfaction is down, brand consideration is down. Only the foolish think Toyota has been unaffected.
Yes, Toyota has been affected.

But, let us revisit this in a couple of years. My bet is that Toyota will be at or near the top in both sales and reliability ratings.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:20 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Yes, Toyota has been affected.

But, let us revisit this in a couple of years. My bet is that Toyota will be at or near the top in both sales and reliability ratings.
It will probably be at or near the top in the amount of recalls.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Default Why Are There No More "Unexpected Acceleration" Reports?

I thought it was very interesting that this problem could never be replicated.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
The press has apparantly stopped manufacturing news against Toyota. Their vendetta against Toyota didn't give them the results they hoped for. People want value, reliability, and dependability. The press tried to sully Toyota's reputation to get people to buy the unreliable crap that Detroit spews out. When it comes to money, people make the right choices. I am sure this vendetta was caused by the Cash For Clunkers program. The most bought new car was the Toyota Corolla. I am sure Government Motors didn't like that much, so they did their best to ruin the leader. To regain market share all they have to do is build cars as well as Toyota, value their customers as well as Toyota, and get rid of the leeches of the UAW.

Doesn't GM own a significant portion of Toyota?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive