Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 11:33 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,040 times

Advertisements

Hi all-

I am very excited to interview for a charter sales position that I recently applied for. Thankfully, I have connections with the company through a mutual friend which in turn, got me the interview.

I have zero Charter Sales experience but do possess a passion for aviation. Any advice on some of the concerns and hot buttons I should understand before my interview? I want to be prepared as best as possible. I do have an extensive background in sales and business development but obviously in this job market, that may be not enough.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 11:58 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,440,930 times
What is the company name, do they own their aircraft or is it just a brokerage?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM

No disrespect wheelsup, won't give company name for obvious reasons. They look like they own their own aircraft and perhaps rent from private owners when aircraft is not in use.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,968 times
I would get familiar with the aircraft they operate, and maybe a few of their competitors> aqcuisition costs, operating costs, capabilities, etc. Also get familiar with the aircraft charter industry by reading as many on-line ads as you can find. This will tell you what companies offer and the tactics used to entice customers. Charter and the newer partial ownership scenarios can provide a much nicer experience than ownership. Good Luck with the interveiw. Make sure you are dressed to kill. This is a part of the industry that caters to mostly uber wealthy, where first impressions are uber important

Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
I would get familiar with the aircraft they operate, and maybe a few of their competitors> aqcuisition costs, operating costs, capabilities, etc. Also get familiar with the aircraft charter industry by reading as many on-line ads as you can find. This will tell you what companies offer and the tactics used to entice customers. Charter and the newer partial ownership scenarios can provide a much nicer experience than ownership. Good Luck with the interveiw. Make sure you are dressed to kill. This is a part of the industry that caters to mostly uber wealthy, where first impressions are uber important
Thank you, I will.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:48 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,163,200 times
Keep all in perspective ...

while a "passion for aviation" is interesting on a personal level and may help your enthusiastic support of the work product,

it has little to do with the selling of charter sales.

Your sales and marketing background are the key issues for this job.

You will be selling the value of the services, not the tools themselves. Generally, most of the clients couldn't care less about the tool, they are just interested in the results of using it. That's the "magic" and appeal of having GA services on-call for your prospects/clients ... the places and opportunities it provides it's users.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:27 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,945,411 times
Wrong forum. This belongs in the forum for Employment and related issues.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:59 PM

Had the interview today. Seemed to go well. They were not concerned with my knowledge of aviation but more for sales. Thanks Sunsprit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation