Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times

Advertisements

I would charge a nice round number for a ticket price, including taxes and fees.
I would use a fleet of Cessna Caravans for in-state flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 06:04 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Stewardesses would be fit females age 18-25 and wear tight french maid outfits.
Seems to me they used to be until a few court cases opened those jobs to others.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:15 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
I would have Airbus design a plan where certain sections of the plane were dedicated to people with longer legs (and wouldn't have to upgrade to Business/First class).

Old 11-01-2014, 11:49 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Free booze in econo class.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Don't you think drunk people are annoying?

***And yes, I know not every who drinks gets drunk. But there are some people who can't handle their liquor.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:15 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,689,589 times
Fat passengers will pay for two seats - your fault you're fat.
People will actually be charged based on their weight anyway - weight on an aeroplane directly affects how much fuel it burns
High density seating throughout - no business class.
29" seat pitch. If you don't like that you can stand up chained to the cabin wall. We're a service taking you from A to B not a hotel or purveyors of comfort.
No food service, and especially no alcohol, its not our obligation to feed and water you. And it adds to the weight anyway.
Hand-baggage allowance of up to 8lbs per item. You don't need to clutter up our cabin with everything inc. the kitchen sink. That's when you pay to put it in the hold.
Toilet costs £5 ($8) to use - we don't serve drinks so you have no good reason to be going to the toilet.
No smoking.
No excess noise. Loud babies will be duct taped.
Seats are unreclinable.
No phones allowed, they will be collected at the entrance by a flight attendant and hidden in the galley, as they are anti-social and distract people from paying attention to safety briefing etc..
All our aircraft will be 30 years or older, because they are cheap to obtain.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:25 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
+1. That would fix a lot of the more intolerable aspects of flying today.

My rules would be:

Everyone flies in one class and the ticket price would be $X all inclusive, based on destination, with one checked bag free. A crappy snack is included on all flights, and a lousy meal is included on flights lasting five hours or more. Fat people pay for two seats. Oh, and no airline miles, and definitely none of these complicated point systems that are designed to boggle even Stephen Hawking's mind: Platinum Class, Diamond Crown Winner, Prince Harry Point Section, etc. The parents of babies must purchase a separate seat for them so they can ride in a child safety seat. I don't know why babies are allowed to ride in their parents' laps on planes but not in cars.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:02 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post

Load the plane from the back seats first. The way they're done now, boarding the rows closest to the front first, is ars backwards.

Have a muffled section for travelers with crying-age kids.
AND only allow people to put luggage in their seats. They should not be allowed to remove someone else's luggage or move it either.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Only ONE carry-on bag. I'm so tired of the people who try to pack everything they own into a bag that just barely fits in the overhead if you put it at the right angle and hold your mouth just right. I was behind a guy carrying what appeared to be 3 fishing poles on my last flight. One poor feller got hit in the head with it when it was being removed at the end of the flight.

I'd also add free Wi-Fi even on shorter flights. At least it would make the cramped flights go by a little faster.
It's annoying when the airlines put stuff inside the lockers and then you've less space!!!
Another rule should be that people have a set time to get on the plane. I hate it when people get on and stand up for ages putting stuff up there.. What are they doing!!! Sit down..

Old 11-03-2014, 08:09 AM

Also aswell sit where you are assigned. People on United seem to reshuffle a lot which slows down boarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation