Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst Airline?
American Airlines 11 18.64%
Delta Airlines 4 6.78%
Southwest Airlines 3 5.08%
United Airlines 6 10.17%
Jetblue Airways 2 3.39%
Alaska Airlines 0 0%
Spirit Airlines 15 25.42%
Frontier Airlines 6 10.17%
Allegiant Air 12 20.34%
Hawaiian Airlines 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:26 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,236,397 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would put up a poll to see what are the least airline of CD posters. Comment on why you don't like the particular airline that you voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 12:29 PM

26,192 posts, read 21,601,431 times
I've only flown AA and delta a couple of times and the majority of my time on United with Southwest being secondary and I don't have any complaints about any of them

Old 05-10-2016, 02:04 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
Well.

I see someone hasn't voted yet...

Quote:
Southwest Airlines - 0 votes - 0%

Old 05-10-2016, 02:52 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,626 times
I think Allegiant Air takes the crown due to their safety/maintenance issues that have come up a number of times.

People love to rip on Spirit and Frontier, but these people are just ignorant. They can offer great deals, if you know how to play their game. I got round trip tickets to Denver from Chicago for under $80 on Spirit, which is great for a short weekend trip. Pack everything in a small backpack and I'm set. Even paying for a checked bag each way (total being around $130 or so) is still a bargain to the mainline carriers.

Personally, I dislike Southwest. Just because of their boarding system. It feels completely like self-loading cattle. Two minutes late to your T-24? Well there goes your good number. Not to mention, they're rarely the cheapest.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:20 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,790,933 times
I fly out of Nashville and have only had current experiences with American and Delta. I prefer Delta.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
I think Allegiant Air takes the crown due to their safety/maintenance issues that have come up a number of times.

People love to rip on Spirit and Frontier, but these people are just ignorant. They can offer great deals, if you know how to play their game. I got round trip tickets to Denver from Chicago for under $80 on Spirit, which is great for a short weekend trip. Pack everything in a small backpack and I'm set. Even paying for a checked bag each way (total being around $130 or so) is still a bargain to the mainline carriers.

Personally, I dislike Southwest. Just because of their boarding system. It feels completely like self-loading cattle. Two minutes late to your T-24? Well there goes your good number. Not to mention, they're rarely the cheapest.
How is southwest' cattle call much different than any other? United calls the the first group and all 5 crowd the boarding area so from that perspective it feels pretty much to same to me

Old 05-10-2016, 09:50 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
How is southwest' cattle call much different than any other? United calls the the first group and all 5 crowd the boarding area so from that perspective it feels pretty much to same to me
With pretty much every other carrier, you're assigned a seat. Even the ULCC's you usually have some flexibility on picking a handful of seats upon check-in. But by golly you're 10 min late to checking in to a SW flight, and you're pretty much screwed having to walk up and down the plane to find an open seat in boarding group C. I've traveled with friends and we've sat next to each other and checked in at exactly T-24 and one of us was like B10 and the other was B40 or something. We literally hit check in at the same exact time.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
With pretty much every other carrier, you're assigned a seat. Even the ULCC's you usually have some flexibility on picking a handful of seats upon check-in. But by golly you're 10 min late to checking in to a SW flight, and you're pretty much screwed having to walk up and down the plane to find an open seat in boarding group C. I've traveled with friends and we've sat next to each other and checked in at exactly T-24 and one of us was like B10 and the other was B40 or something. We literally hit check in at the same exact time.

So the boarding process is really no different, it's the lack of seat assignment you have an issue with. You should have boarded with your friend at b40

Old 05-11-2016, 11:08 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:

I agree completely with this.

I get very annoyed by the ignorance of people who bash Spirit. If they would take 2 minutes to read and understand how it works, they wouldn't be whining on the internet.

Infrequent travelers are some of the most annoying people that exist.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:04 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,006,642 times
I have never ridden on Spirit so I have no idea what their service is like. However being over 6 foot tall their small seat pitch just does not work for me.

I am not a fan of Delta. When they bought Northwest my days of getting an exit row seat on flights to and from Alaska vanished.

Also not a fan of United. Have not flown them in a few years. I hated their boarding procedure as I always get an aisle seat. They board aisle seats last. Moe than once all of the overhead bin space was gone by the time my group got called.

On the hand I am a fan of Southwest and Alaska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation