Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 04:40 PM

857 posts, read 958,309 times

Advertisements

I traveled in August; was able to buy some pretty cheap tickets because they said this past summer travel demand was low. Between US and Singapore I paid approx. USD 1000, which is very very low for summer time.

After the trip I found that I was not credited with the mileage, and upon enquiry I was told this pair of tickets don't qualify for mileages.

I have heard some heavily discounted tickets don't come with mileages, but I have always thought that relates to some special promotion, rather than prevailing market rates.

Is there a way to understand if a ticket is or isn't mileage-eligible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 04:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
You'll have to look at the fare basis of the ticket to check - usually a letter such as Y, B, etc. Then check the mileage program of the airline for eligibility.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You'll have to look at the fare basis of the ticket to check - usually a letter such as Y, B, etc. Then check the mileage program of the airline for eligibility.
Who did you fly to Singapore?

Singapore Airlines does not give mileage for some of it's lowest fares, BUT./.. you will get a little mileage if you booked one of the $177 LAX - SIN United fares posted last week.

Now that mileage is based on ticket price, (fare) rather than distance, you need to pay big bucks to get big mileage (promos are a faster way to earn miles). Sometimes the promo is flights, or partners, or Credit Cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation