Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 870 times

Advertisements

I am currently working in Northern Virginia in the social services arena. I have 20 years of community-based social work experience with regards to private, state, and federal programs. This includes HUD management, independent living, ID/DD programs, home health, adult services/adult protective services, and long-term care services.

I am looking to move to Baltimore, Maryland, but have been finding most social service jobs require a MSW/LCSW. I currently have a Master’s Degree in Gerontology/Public Policy. I have no intension on going back to school. Any suggestions on the job search?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,993,720 times
Apply at Hopkins University. Here's an example of a public policy job that is posted: https://hrnt.jhu.edu/jhujobs/job_vie...57514&view=sch

I want to ask you why you aren't able to network in your field? It surprised me to read that you have 20 years of work experience and are on here asking for help when you can use a search engine to find jobs in Baltimore.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM

23 posts, read 23,966 times
Good suggestion on Hopkins. I am sure others will chime in with suggestions.

Kharing - he probably does not know others in his field that specifically work in MD which makes perfect sense to post here. Simply using a search engine is not the solution when there are others here who have been in the same situation...no need to reinvent the wheel.

Good luck MDJobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Apply at Hopkins University. Here's an example of a public policy job that is posted: https://hrnt.jhu.edu/jhujobs/job_vie...57514&view=sch

I want to ask you why you aren't able to network in your field? It surprised me to read that you have 20 years of work experience and are on here asking for help when you can use a search engine to find jobs in Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: