Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM

9 posts, read 47,525 times

Advertisements

Hi folks!
My husband and I are moving back to Baltimore this May. We lived here once for 3 yrs but with my husbands work we traveled. The traveling days are gone and now going back for full time staff at UMM. We have been checking into Chesapeake Glen apartments in Glen Burnie. We currently reside in AZ so makes it impossible to check apartments out on our own. We would like to stay in the 1100 per month rent. We use to live in the White Marsh area, but rents are alot higher there and truthfully the 2 places we lived in "were not all that for the money" So if anyone has some advice ,whether good or bad please feel free to speak. Thanks alot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM

Ok am answering my own post hahaha.. Am just wondering still if the Glen Burnie and apt complex called Chesapeake Glen is a safe area? It looks it on google earth and havent seen to many bad things about the area.However would like some more insight.Thanks!

Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Luckily I was looking into the same place and did some digging and found they changed their name. Under the old name, they have scathing reviews and I'm crossing it off my list.

Greentree Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Glen Burnie apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM

Hmmm, Well that is interesting. We did have a mutual friend go check the "area" out and looked good. Now I did some research and found that Greentree Apartments address is entirely diffrent then Chesapeake Glen apartments?
Chesapeake Glen
8035 Greenleaf Terrace #T4 Glen Burnie, MD 21061
And Greentree is Greentree Apartments 8051 Greenleaf Terrace, Glen Burnie, MD 20161
410-969-0377 . I am calling Glen Burnie to ask if they use to be Greentree, as would be a shame if they are getting such a bad name if they are not even connected. Will keep you posted.!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Ok, Now am confused as upon further research, the telephone numbers do match and on some posts the address is the same.So am indeed asking the "lady" who is suppose to be returning a call today if they are one in the same.If she says no..well then I will indeed be asking some very serious questions! As you are right, Scathing reviews on Greentree! Atleast we do have one thing going for us, we once lived in Southfield apartments and Cambridge Courts. They both are doable ,think Cambridge Courts "looks nicer on the outside?" But for size and really for what they are, price is a bit to high. Southfield is an older complex but we enjoyed it there too. We were looking to move back a bit closer to UMM but hey ,rather do the drive than live in poor community!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:03 PM

Ok so here it is 3 weeks AFTER I placed a phone call to Chesapeake Glen Apartment.NOT to complain but to RENT AN APARTMENT!! Spoke to a "Marti" Martha. Had an extensive talk. Told her what we were looking for, price all the other APPARENTLY WASTED TIME of mine. As we were ready to hang up ,Marti says"Oh you sound like so much fun and I will email you RIGHT NOW with the application" I am thinking GREAT! HA! Joke on me ?? Yup, never got an email soooo I decided to drop her a note as wanted to get the apartments that were opened(OH WICH were only the "CLASSICS" etc.Shocker, she never wrote back! THEN a week ago I CALLED AGAIN..Asking to speak to "Marti" I get oh am so sorry she is in a meeting.I explain why I am calling.I was assured she would get back to me. Can ya hear the TICK TOCK??!?..Sooo then when I found out through here that this was at one time GREENTREE..I looked up and said "thank you upstairs for saving us!" I Will tell anyone NOT to rent from there! We have found a lovely apartment in the Mt.Washington area. Beautiful place and looking forward to the move now. BUT Will warn time and time again..DO NOT TRY and deal with Chesapeake Glen AKA GREENTREE! Thank you for your time and me rattling on!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,862 times
Default Do not rent from chesapeake glen apts

I moved in to these apartments in June of 2010. I had no issues until December of 2010. The apartment across the hall was rented out to a halfway house. One of the men in the apartment would stand on the steps outside of my patio looking into my apartment. I contacted the office. They told me the man was mentally impaired and said they would talk to him. For over a year he would hang out in front of the apartment, not on his patio, but in the entryway smoking cigarettes, asking people for money and cigarettes. I complained on a regular basis and the management would "talk" to the people who owned the apartment, which would deter the man for a couple of days and then he was back at it. I nicknamed him the creepy guy. I had friends who did not want to visit me because of him. I was a single woman living there. One night one of the other tenents tried breaking down the door to their apartment. And then finally I had enough when I left my apartment at 6am and the creepy man was standing right outside my door. I asked the office staff to let me out of my lease, they told me they could not. The offered to move me to a different apartment, after a year of dealing with the issue I was not interested in staying at the complex, nor did I feel I should have to be the one to move. In order to be let out of the lease I had to speak to a regional manager who could not be reached by phone, he had to call me. When he called me he did not want to hear my side of things. I was accused of only wanting out of the apartment because I had bought a house which was untrue, and I was accused of not making a big deal of the issues. Over twenty phone calls and emails apparently was no big deal.I was finally let out of the lease only because I had in writing from one member of the staff one months rent and 30 days notice, which by the way is not their normal policy. I was told by the manager two months rent and 60 days notice. If I hadn't saved that email with the one months rent ant 30 days notice they would not have let me out at all.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,666 times
Default Do NOT live in Chesapeake Glen Apartments!

DO NOT LIVE IN CHESAPEAKE GLEN APARTMENTS! When we first moved to Maryland we were on a tight budget and thought this place looked much nicer compared to other similar rent payments, but now we wish we had never lived here. We soon after became infested with roaches. We could hear every word of the tenants beneath us because there were at least ten people there talking and playing loud music throughout the day and night. I did not feel safe walking at night by myself as we had gotten reports of attacks/robberies, in addition to the unpleasant feeling I had from the sketchy looking people that would hang around throughout the day and night. The roach problem most concerned us, and after two years of "treatments" we decided it was time to find somewhere else to live. Management was very rude and not in the least sympathetic to our desperate case. We had a very unpleasant experience here and would not recommend it to anyone.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 PM

3 posts, read 4,387 times
Unhappy Chesapeake Glen Apartments formerly Greentree Apartments in Glen Burnie, MD is the Ghetto / Projects in Disguise!!!!

Here's a list of why to never live here:

These apartments are dressed up pigs! Awnings, paint, carpet, appliances, etc. look real good as a sales tool for the management until...

1) The chemically resistant mutant roaches invade! I squirted one with professional strength Ortho for 10 seconds and could swear I saw him laugh at me!

2) Minimal if any notice of inspection or need to enter by staff. Almost always they show up 5 or 6 deep to do what a one armed blind man could do by himself! They even use their key to let themselves in if you don't answer fast enough because you're sleeping because you know, they showed up unannounced!

3) You have to repair or replace 3 tires in 3 months because of the Mexican's and Maintenance nails and screws which end up in your tires because they are strewn across the parking lot! As of date posted nail number 4 sits in the driver's side rear tire on my car, I swear!

4) If you aren't in a parking spot by 11 p.m. be prepared to walk in a fairly dark area for about 250 yards or more! This is because of the non-resident residents using resident spots. You know, the ones who live 12-16 people in a 2-3 bedroom apartment with 4 cars! Management policy is 1 window sticker per apartment for 1 car!

5) The ghetto church next to the tennis court playing music outdoors whenever and as loud as they feel!

6) The mold and mildew filled washing machine that greets you on your first day of occupancy!

7) Yelling and screaming in the hallways and on the lot all hours o' the day 'er night!

8) THOSE SUBHUMAN PIECES OF GARBAGE WHO LIVE ABOVE YOU THAT LET 4 GENERATIONS OF DESCENDANTS OCCUPY THEIR 1 BEDROOM AND JUMP FROM CEILING TO FLOOR AND SLAM DOORS AND SCREAM IN THE HALLS AND OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW ALL HOURS O' THE DAY 'ER NIGHT! YOU KNOW THE ONES THAT PUT THEIR CIGARETTES OUT AND THROW THEIR BLACK N MILD BOXES ON THE STAIRS AND FLOOR INSIDE THE BUILDING?!?

9) ALL OF A SUDDEN ONE DAY, ABOUT A MONTH INTO YOUR RESIDENCY, YOU REALIZE YOU ARE IN THE SECTION 8 / GHETTO TWILIGHT ZONE!

10) CAN YOU SAY MARYLAND LAW OF, "QUIET ENJOYMENT OF PREMISES" or "CONSTRUCTIVE EVICTION BY LANDLORD"? I THINK YOU CAN! HAVE A GOOD DAY NEIGHBOR!

Last edited by MDForLIfeHon; 08-24-2014 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: SPELLING / PUNCTUATION ERROR.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,750 times
Default Please contact us

MDForLIfeHon- i would like to speak to you concerning the issues you stated in your comment. Please email me your name and contact information at [email]kim@morgan-properties.com[/email]. Thanks-Kim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore