Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 01:14 PM

13 posts, read 17,360 times

Advertisements

The only area I really spend any time in Baltimore is the Inner Harbor and Little Italy Sections of the City. The last time I was there in May 2014 was on a very sunny and warm Saturday. It was jammed with tourists and it seemed to be a great place for people to shop and eat and people watch.

I suspect that this Saturday it will be a ghost town, costing merchants and restaurant workers lots of money and causing lots of layoffs to local people also.

How do you think the Inner Harbor will look like on Saturday when it is suppose to be 75 and Sunny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 01:26 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Malik Shabazz, the guy who instigated last Saturday's protest march (and, if there were any justice, would be sitting in jail on charges of inciting a riot), is planning another march this Saturday.

I, for one, do not intend to come downtown and find out if it's going to be a repeat of last Saturday.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:28 PM

8,249 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by great discussion View Post
The only area I really spend any time in Baltimore is the Inner Harbor and Little Italy Sections of the City. The last time I was there in May 2014 was on a very sunny and warm Saturday. It was jammed with tourists and it seemed to be a great place for people to shop and eat and people watch.

I suspect that this Saturday it will be a ghost town, costing merchants and restaurant workers lots of money and causing lots of layoffs to local people also.

How do you think the Inner Harbor will look like on Saturday when it is suppose to be 75 and Sunny?

This Saturday..may be questionable because of the release of the preliminary report.. which isnt a public document per se but stuff will probably be leaked out or "spun" one way or another. There are already protest planned so many folks may just shy away. Also, there is a 10pm curfew.. which may also pursue people not to be bothered since some stores/restaurants may close well before that hour allow their employees to go home safely.

Following all of these events this weekend, i believe things will slowly get back to normal until the next "flash point" associated with the ongoing evidence from this or the next BPD involved incident that reminds people of this..

Old 04-30-2015, 02:41 PM

22 posts, read 33,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Malik Shabazz, the guy who instigated last Saturday's protest march (and, if there were any justice, would be sitting in jail on charges of inciting a riot), is planning another march this Saturday.

I, for one, do not intend to come downtown and find out if it's going to be a repeat of last Saturday.
Malik Shabazz has some really disgusting youtube videos where he calls for the killing of "cracker babies".
The guy is basically trying to provoke a race war and incites his listeners to commit acts of terrorism against white people. It's amazing that he hasn't been arrested under the patriot act.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:23 PM

850 posts, read 1,132,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
This Saturday..may be questionable because of the release of the preliminary report.. which isnt a public document per se but stuff will probably be leaked out or "spun" one way or another. There are already protest planned so many folks may just shy away. Also, there is a 10pm curfew.. which may also pursue people not to be bothered since some stores/restaurants may close well before that hour allow their employees to go home safely.

Following all of these events this weekend, i believe things will slowly get back to normal until the next "flash point" associated with the ongoing evidence from this or the next BPD involved incident that reminds people of this..
This is Baltimore Logic at the police dept.

"Hey guys ahh let's not release the police report uhhh!!!"

How do you feel residents will feel when they hear that.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:35 PM

118 posts, read 126,213 times
Baltimore can't have nice nice things.

The crappy people of Baltimore will screw it up like they always do.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Although my home in Maryland was in the suburbs, I attended Christ Church on Charles Street while Pastors Sabatelli and Freis were there. Every Sunday afternoon, our family would spend a few hours walking the harbor, visiting the fort, or spending time with friends who lived nearby before heading home. I'm saddened to think that such a lovely community is being threatened, and I hope peace will come soon.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 AM

54 posts, read 65,340 times
Default I will never visit inner harbor

It's amazing how riots can screw the economy of an entire city. I've heard that when you go to Baltimore - inner harbor is the place to go. Now I will never go there. All because of some lunatic-black rioters.

We've got laws to deal with the few bad cops we get from time to time. We can fix that. But what we can't fix is the destruction of a city that nobody wants to go to anymore. Nobody cares about black people getting shot, or whatever. It happens in Chicago (or Baltimore) every single day - black people get killed. I don't see any protests or marching or looting for that. Seems hypocritical if you ask me. "Black Lives Matter" only when the police (presumably) have some role in the course of events. "Black Lives Don't Matter" if the police can't be connected to the death.

These rioters should have been dealt with and not allowed to destroy property and businesses. But police were told to stand down. Now the city has no tourism left. Looks like they screwed themselves by letting the animals run free. Baltimore will sink. Congratulations, mayor.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:49 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
I think we should all return to visiting the Inner Harbor as usual, like nothing happened.

That way things will quickly get back to normal and the rest of what happened will be forgotten.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:54 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think we should all start visiting the Inner Harbor as usual, like nothing happened.

That way things will quickly get back to normal and the rest of what happened will be forgotten.
I tried that yesterday. I admit I was nervous. I'm not used to see so many guns and automatic weapons. I know they're US military and police, but still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore