Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

I believe this team reached the NLCS last year and was knocked out by a team who is still playing. But as I type this, these retards are popping champagne and jumping up and down like monkeys and have not done anything yet.

Unbelivable. Joe Torre I thought would have talked to his team about being LOW KEY if they won especially since he is used to reaching the WS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:20 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Wha!!! C'mon, they won the NLDS, with ease. The Cards, played as if they were just happy to show-up in the post season.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Wha!!! C'mon, they won the NLDS, with ease. The Cards, played as if they were just happy to show-up in the post season.
But they already did that last year so I would think they would have the mentality-"we still have more work to do" Especially since it was JUST LAST YEAR they were in the NLCS and only won 1 game.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:29 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But they already did that last year so I would think they would have the mentality-"we still have more work to do" Especially since it was JUST LAST YEAR they were in the NLCS and only won 1 game.
Get a life!!! They won their first round. They can party for one night and then tomorrow back to the game plan.A night of jumping up and down like idiots is allowed especially during a long season.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:31 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy
Last year, is last year! Who to say they won't be in it next year, or even the next couple of years. Enjoy while you can, then in the NLCS, play your heart out.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,932,175 times
Quote:
Oh.

As if they didn't know they still had more work to do pending the outcome of the Phillies-Rockies set.

Good God, man, let them have their fun.

Or do you think clubs winning their divisions or wild card don't act like winners when they pull the corks and celebrate a job well done?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:05 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
As longer as the Dodgers defeat the hated yankmes (if they meet) they can party until the crack of dawn and it will be fine with me.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
Oh.

As if they didn't know they still had more work to do pending the outcome of the Phillies-Rockies set.

Good God, man, let them have their fun.

Or do you think clubs winning their divisions or wild card don't act like winners when they pull the corks and celebrate a job well done?

Here are the reasons they should have only celebrated on the field

1. They have the best record in the NL and expected to reach the WS

2. They may have to play a team they always struggle against named the Phillies

3.This wasn't a first time appearance in the NLCS

Now if this was their first time getting their I would say go ahead and pop the champagne

Old 10-10-2009, 10:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,932,175 times
Quote:
Here are the reasons they should have only celebrated on the field

1. They have the best record in the NL and expected to reach the WS

2. They may have to play a team they always struggle against named the Phillies

3.This wasn't a first time appearance in the NLCS

Now if this was their first time getting their I would say go ahead and pop the champagne
I guess they didn't get the memo, then. No champagne popping for winning a division series if you have the best record in the league, may have to face a bona fide nemesis in the League Championship Series, and have gotten to the League Championship series in the past.

And if you've got some World Series rings in your organisation's past, you'd better damn well pop
nothing more than cans of Diet Coke or bottles of Perrier . . . .

The great Oz has spoken?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
I personally have no problems with teams celebrating after clinching a playoff berth/division title (it's a long season and an excellent accomplishment to be one of the top teams over 162 games), after winning the league pennant (you are the champion of your league), or obviously after winning the World Series (you are the champion of professional baseball). By contrast, celebrating with champagne for making the LCS is a little hokey to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball