Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:35 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,247,217 times

Advertisements

You know, buying his way into the playoffs. Charging exorbitant prices for seats. Charging $20 just for a tour of the stadium (no game included). Does any of this bother you or are you just in denial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times
The Yankees make money over fist but they invest heavily in the team and Yankee fans are happy. I don't think there is one Yankee fan around who will say they feel bad about the Yankees' practices. The Yankees aren't breaking any rules. Last I checked there is no salary cap in baseball and all the teams are in compliance and agreement with this. The Yankees go over the luxury tax threshold but ironically the Yankees paying so much luxury taxes helps teams with bad owners that pocket the money instead of investing it on their teams.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:58 AM

172 posts, read 448,043 times
sorry to see your Red Sox loose! The Yanks have a lot of home grown guys, sure we picked up a couple, but if we didn't you would have. It least the Steinbrenners spend their money on good players. Can you blame them for wanting their team to win and to put the best product on the field? If we loose you will say you can't buy championships, and if we win you will say we bought a championship, either way were still playing and your not, and that's good enough for me.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,626 times
Who's going to care how much they spend on players if the players perform? A lot of people have problems with the "luxury" section of the stadium, because quite honestly, the prices are just ridiculous in that one section, and that's why there's always empty seats.. but in general, you get what you pay for, and as the Yankees had 103 wins this season, I'm pretty sure season ticketholders and others were not disappointed in the least.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times
OP, what team are you a fan of?

Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
sorry to see your Red Sox loose! The Yanks have a lot of home grown guys, sure we picked up a couple, but if we didn't you would have. It least the Steinbrenners spend their money on good players. Can you blame them for wanting their team to win and to put the best product on the field? If we loose you will say you can't buy championships, and if we win you will say we bought a championship, either way were still playing and your not, and that's good enough for me.

I'm not a RedSox fan, dont know where you got that from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
OP, what team are you a fan of?
Yankees.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM

172 posts, read 448,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I'm not a RedSox fan, dont know where you got that from.

Yankees.

calling you a Red Sox fan was a joke. I have no idea what team you like, But I find it hard to believe that your a Yankee fan!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
calling you a Red Sox fan was a joke. I have no idea what team you like, But I find it hard to believe that your a Yankee fan!
LOL, oh I thought it was because of my thread asking whether Boston is depressed since the lost.

I'll be honest, i'm more a of a fan of the NFL. I dont really watch MLB as much as I like. But during the post season I pay attention. So I'm like a semi Yankee fan.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:48 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,377,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
You know, buying his way into the playoffs. Charging exorbitant prices for seats. Charging $20 just for a tour of the stadium (no game included). Does any of this bother you or are you just in denial?
It all boils down to supply and demand. If people want to pay those prices, more power to them. As a Yankee fan since 1961, I've never cared what the team does as long as it wins and I can listen to or watch the games for free or almost free.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,699 times
The Yankees have a 2009 payroll of $201,449,289.....no one else is even close.

During the last off season they attempted to buy themselves another tainted championship by pricing every other team out of the market in their pursuit of Teixeira, Sabathia, and Burnett.

The Yankees are all about greed..

The Yankees are bad for baseball.

If NY does manage to win the WS this year....how can any Yankee fan, with a straight face, claim they won it fair and square?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball