Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

What do you think the new Cubs owners will do?

I'm hearing rumors about the White Sox are doing some underground talking about getting him........it's just hearsay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 07:12 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
I've heard about a possible trade to the Rays for Pat Burrell. The Rays are stupid if they trade for that cancer. Pat the Bat is a good clubhouse presence, plus he had a down year due to injury. The Rays would be better off sticking with Burrell for the one year left on his contract (after which I predict he comes back to Philly to be a bench player).

Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,343,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I've heard about a possible trade to the Rays for Pat Burrell. The Rays are stupid if they trade for that cancer. Pat the Bat is a good clubhouse presence, plus he had a down year due to injury. The Rays would be better off sticking with Burrell for the one year left on his contract (after which I predict he comes back to Philly to be a bench player).
I agree. Bradley for Burrell would be bad for the Rays. I could see Burrell blasting some home runs but he might have trouble dealing with a fly ball in that wind in Wrigley.

If the Phillies were to bring back Burrell it would have to be next year. I heard Amaro wants to win it all in 2010. After next year he's going to have to add some youth to his team or they might as well put a Geritol cooler in the dugout.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:33 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Agree...why would the Rays want Bradley?

Old 11-13-2009, 05:39 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,801 times
As a big Cubs fan....get rid of him now!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:37 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,147,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Burrell is smarter to stick with and especially with a solid young core. Chemistry plays a major role in baseball and bringing in a guy like M.B could cripple the Rays.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 PM

123 posts, read 231,632 times
At this point in time any deal involving Bradley would be an Addition by Subtraction. I know most of the early rumblings involve acquiring a new RF, I believe this is the wrong approach. One rumor, unconfirmed, has the Cubs pursuing Curtis Granderson, this would be outstanding. In this scenario Fukudome would return to RF. In the end all we can hope for is Hendry can dupe ANYONE into taking Bradley.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,558,936 times
I'm surprised that the Cubs haven't released him. It'd be impossible for that creep to jump in with another club gullible enough to take him in a trade.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,974,503 times
If the Cubs trade Bradley - it will be because they will be picking up a large portion of his remaining salary just to get rid of him. Otherwise, he is stuck in ChiTown.

He has talent, he didnt display it this past season for a variety of reasons, but he has always been injury prone and obviously is a huge character concern. Chances are he will be in Chicago next year and it cant go worse..... or can it?

G Man

Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 PM

364 posts, read 1,569,037 times
There's zero percent chance that Bradley is on this team next year. Zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball