Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2023, 07:14 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,185 times

Advertisements

Well Phillies overall project to win about 88 games and Atlanta about 102 games at present pace. Aside from the 10.5 games behind Phil's have played 3 more games then Atlanta that could make a difference in outcome of final standings either way.

Nola is one of those question marks. Over several years he pitches about 36 games and at an average of 6 innings a game pitches about 216 innings. It's hard to hold your breath for 216 innings even if it's broken out over 36 games. Well he has heart, form and ability. Does he have focus? Does he control his game? He pitches well if your able to get by the first couple of innings. It's a bit even more rampant/ inconsistent lately. 216 innings possibly 2160 pitches. Does he manage every one? Does he do any studying before the game to determine match ups in the game that might make a difference. I'm saying here he has the ability and mechanics. Is it an ear to ear problem. Does he have and do the preparation or just plays each game by ear.

If and I say if with a prayer this great team is to accomplish anything good hitters have to start hitting and pitchers have to take the next 50 games seriously. There could be a potential 14 game deficit or more. You know how Philly loves to lose to Atlanta? NOT. They are the Dallas of Baseball. Difference Atlanta is darn good. Has to do with Aaron involved probably. There wa a hitter. Like having . Mike Schmidt search the land for hitters. He'd know what he is looking for.

Meanwhile Nola you might have 8 outings left can you muscle an 8 - 0 record or said another way at least try to. No more giving up early leads. I went bald from those type things. If you aren't sharp at first you have dug a grave. Nola be all you can be 8 games then the big ones. Get it done!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 07:01 AM

Default Phillies Fans - show solidarity not sympathy

Getting what you deserve is the key. It's what you put in as to what you get out. Most Phillies players are not: "For who, For What" type players. They will run through Center field walls. Get hit in the face with a 96 MPH fastball. Crouch in position until their legs ache. Go head first into a dugout to catch a fly ball. Break a few digits sliding into a base to maybe being the tying run. Go out there start after start trying your best though outcome might not show it. As a starter pitch about 3600 pitches over a season at an average of 96 MPH.

Philadelphia is a city who makes noise about their teams. Look take the average marriage -- you may not be happy all the time. In Philly when we love you it may seem like only for a time but it will be the time you most remember. When you wear Philly Pinstripes your like a Marine on a Mission. Your commanding officer may not always come up and pat you on the back when you are doing what your paid to do. When you do it with honor your rewarded by a fan base who knows about hard work and effort. When you are a Philly you are to be a champion. Show a little love for the fans maybe the team should give them a standing ovation.

--and anyway maybe that Santa deserved to be rattled with snowballs delivering coal at Christmas -- who knows. Proud to be a fan of one ofvthe finest teams we placed on the field. Nola we love you it's just the stress on the heart. Lol

Old 09-04-2023, 07:28 AM

Default 26 games - crumch time in the MLB leagues

Count me a Phillies Die hard fan. This here will be my 3rd attempt at this posting. Lol. Well 26 games left. The Braves juggernaut doubled their wins over losses. 45 games a whopping accomplishment. The Phillies are not low achievers and most probably will finish somewhere around 92 -70 or about 22 games over .500 . Nola in last 2 outings has been Nola. There is just something that causes him to not go from good to greatness. I just can't figure it out and no doubt neither can Nola. Still my chips are on him to come through. Some home run fest in August!!! Keep it up. Leadoff man has eyes of an eagle and power like Zeus. Harper I mean is there any way of adequately toasting this iron man. All the team. Every one gives the effort. Now 26 games of which 7 against the Braves and others against same division try to be spoilers in the Mets and Marlins. I think we got a good team but here is their chance at greatness. An old adage: "When the going gets tough; the tough get going". Our team is tough. Go Phillies!!! KICK SOME BUTT.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:03 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,786,330 times
The Phils let that one slip away tonight...shocking end to that game that was all Phils through 5 innings.

Lots of Phis fans in the stands in ATL.

Old 10-12-2023, 10:43 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Bravo! Well done.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-13-2023, 04:57 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Hats of the Phillies, and their fans. They played a great series, and deserved to advance. Best of luck the rest of the way.

If it can't be my Braves, I'd prefer another NL East team win the World Series.

See y'all next season.

Old 10-13-2023, 09:45 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Congrats, Phillies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball