Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Dwight Howard quits interview after being asked about his future in Orlando Magic NBA Team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
2012 Lakers starting lineup:

Howard
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Fisher's corpse

Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
2012 Lakers starting lineup:

Howard
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Fisher's corpse
Chicagos 2012 Starting line up:

Rose
Random 2 guard
Deng
Noah
Howard

Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
No comment until I see what happens with the new CBA.

Howard may be the best player in the NBA right now, he is certainly #1 on my list...he could make any good team into the front runner.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:20 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Neither Chicago or LA could afford him, especially when the CBA comes. Dream on, dream on.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Neither Chicago or LA could afford him, especially when the CBA comes. Dream on, dream on.
I don't know that we can make that statement yet. You can also make the salary stuff work if you trade the right payroll in return so I think any team in the NBA could "afford" him....will depend on what is offered to Orlando.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't know that we can make that statement yet. You can also make the salary stuff work if you trade the right payroll in return so I think any team in the NBA could "afford" him....will depend on what is offered to Orlando.
We here in Orlando have been over the cap for years and for years to come. There is no way they do a sign and trade for him. Again, dream on dream on.

Though I still don't believe Dwight will leave town. Just like I felt last year when people thought Wade was leaving I told people on a different forum there is no way he would leave south Florida.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
We here in Orlando have been over the cap for years and for years to come. There is no way they do a sign and trade for him. Again, dream on dream on.

Though I still don't believe Dwight will leave town. Just like I felt last year when people thought Wade was leaving I told people on a different forum there is no way he would leave south Florida.
1st, "we here in orlando?" your profile says your in NC. ??????

i dont think anyone thought wade would leave miami.
orlando would be stupid to NOT do a sign and trade with a team for him. its a mater of sign and trade and get something viable in return or just up and lose him.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:

You might want to brush up on the topic before telling me I'm dreaming.

NBA salary cap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Especially note the section on base year compensation among others.

I know you don't want to see Dwight go but essentially as long as another team trades a comparable offsetting amount of cap salary (note that isn't total salary) then they can indeed trade. ie) Luke Walton + Artest would be around the same cap space as Dwight. (For example purposes only people, don't read me the riot act. lol)

Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
1st, "we here in orlando?" your profile says your in NC. ??????

i dont think anyone thought wade would leave miami.
orlando would be stupid to NOT do a sign and trade with a team for him. its a mater of sign and trade and get something viable in return or just up and lose him.
Born and Raised in Orlando. Thus, why I follow Orlando and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Why take on scrubs/hasbeens (suggested post above) to allow Dwight to go to another team that couldn't financially take him on without the trade... sure that will happen. Though AGAIN, I don't see Howard leaving Orlando just like how I thought Wade was never leaving Miami.

Note: People thought Wade would leave due to his ties to Chicago. Google "Wade to Chicago" and you will see the article/comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball