Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,948,048 times

Advertisements

Do people on this forum think this could be Lebron and Wades last season with the Miami Heat. I don't mean traded, I mean retirement. I mean they will have won 4 straight NBA Conference Titles 3 straight NBA Titles(pending on this season) under their belt with Wade having 4 NBA Titles, they aren't getting younger and they have been there done that. Just an analogy, I feel it may be the case, but mostly intuitive on my part.

Last edited by perry335654; 06-09-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,746 times
I could see Wade moving to a 6th man Manu Ginobili type of position but that's about it. You're absolutely ****ing crazy if you think LeBron is anywhere close to retiring.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:44 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,015,119 times
That is crazy talk. Simple as that. Crazy talk. No idea how you got that idea. And who knows what happens in this Finals. Got a lot more games to go.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 PM

612 posts, read 844,395 times
I can sorta see the idea of this thread. I believe what would be in Miami's best interests would be to amnesty Flash, and use that money to acquire talent that can ease the weight off of the soon-to-be 30 year old's shoulders. But of course, that'd never happen

Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I can sorta see the idea of this thread. I believe what would be in Miami's best interests would be to amnesty Flash, and use that money to acquire talent that can ease the weight off of the soon-to-be 30 year old's shoulders. But of course, that'd never happen
Already used an amnesty on Mike Miller. Who knows what will happen and right now who cares they are in the NBA Finals. Since when is 30 old??

And you seriously think the Heat would do that? The only way Wade leaves Miami is if HE wants to leave.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM

561 posts, read 1,180,796 times
perry,

You must've dug pretty deep in your arse to come up with this one.

First, James is in his prime and barring injury will continue to be for at least the next 3 seasons. The same is probably true for Bosh. Wade does seem to have lots of wear on his body: he's not only had lots of injury issues, but seems to tire easily. Still, as someone else suggested, if they can limit his minutes I think he can be effective in a Ginobili-type role for at least 2-3 more seasons before he starts to drop off considerably.

If the Heat win another championship this season, why would they dissolve the team? With the right players around Wade and Bosh, they can remain contenders for at least 3-4 more seasons.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:39 PM

612 posts, read 844,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Already used an amnesty on Mike Miller. Who knows what will happen and right now who cares they are in the NBA Finals. Since when is 30 old??

And you seriously think the Heat would do that? The only way Wade leaves Miami is if HE wants to leave.
Turning 30's a big deal. you're not "old" per se, but middle age becomes that much more closer around the corner. This is especially true for pro sports players, and even more so when they've played at as high a level as James has since he was a teenager. I personally see James aging very well, with him probably playing full-time PF in 6 years or so, but that's besides the point.

And No, but it'd be in their best interest. You honestly don't believe that Flash is worth his salary, at his current playing level

Old 06-09-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:

That is getting pretty old, not ancient though like you would be in certain positions in football. You have to remember you have 22-25 year-old legs that are running you up and down that court game in and game out and that takes a toll. Maybe Wayne stays and maybe he doesn't, he has done a lot for the Heat but sometimes you say enough is enough, I have won 4 NBA Championships(dependent with the remaining series with SA), I am proud of my accomplishment, more money is not always a factor. Hey I hope I am wrong, it is just a hunch I got, I am sure they will have a carrot dangled in front of them. But like you say we have this season to complete and a tough San Antonio Spurs team that is hungry for the title. Just remember nothing lasts forever !!!!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:03 PM

I would bet every single cent I have that Wade, Lebron and Bosh are not retiring. There is no hunch, there is no possibility of it happening unless something extreme happens. It is crazy talk, as simple as that. It is not happening, period.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I would bet every single cent I have that Wade, Lebron and Bosh are not retiring. There is no hunch, there is no possibility of it happening unless something extreme happens. It is crazy talk, as simple as that. It is not happening, period.
Don't get upset it is just an analogy, life will go on if it does, I hope I am wrong as I am a Heat fan even though I will admit it is rough to watch their games as they don't seem to be able to put teams away effectively early in the game. Spoelstra is the true gem to work the chemistry of this team and find ways to win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball