Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 01:59 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

I don't know who the Hawks starting five because they are not seen on national TV that much and I believe it's because they don't have what you consider a STAR on the team. Just look below how many times the hawks will be seen the remainder of the NBA regular season

ESPN...2 televised games in (January)

TNT......0 televised games the remainder of the season

ABC........0 televised games the remainder of the season

NBATV........1 televised game in (February)

They will only be seen 3 times on national TV betwee now and the end of the season but that should change next season now that they are proving they are BIG TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 05:08 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Winning teams usually don't get national coverage until the following season. Also, Atlanta has never been a big sports town, so don't have the local fan base to make up for the lack of an All-Star to draw in ratings.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:39 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Winning teams usually don't get national coverage until the following season. Also, Atlanta has never been a big sports town, so don't have the local fan base to make up for the lack of an All-Star to draw in ratings.

+1. I think the Raptors only had 1 national TV appearance last year which was an NBA TV game Sunday afternoon the weekend of the NCAA final 4 if I remember correctly (it was either that final 4 weekend or the first weekend of the MLB season). Either way, it didn't get much press. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are this year but they've already had 3 or 4 games on NBA TV, and 1 each on ESPN/TNT and have a couple ESPN telecasts coming up in March & April along with a few more NBA TV appearances as well.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:48 PM

We will see the Hawks on National TV plenty during the month of May

Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
We will see the Hawks on National TV plenty during the month of May
Hawks are usually the NBA's go to "put on NBA TV as much as possible" team so since my cable company STILL doesn't carry NBA TV I probably won't see them much except that one opening weekend game they put on TNT/ESPN/ABC.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Hawks are usually the NBA's go to "put on NBA TV as much as possible" team so since my cable company STILL doesn't carry NBA TV I probably won't see them much except that one opening weekend game they put on TNT/ESPN/ABC.

If they are the #1 seed they should be seen a lot but then again

Old 01-11-2015, 11:48 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
We'll see more of them next year.

I don't think the networks like the ratings they are getting showing games like Miami vs. Boston or Knicks vs. Lakers lol.

I expect Atlanta to make the ECF at this rate so you'll get to see them play 3 or so playoff series unless something crazy goes down.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:39 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
The Hawks are certainly on a streak right now, but I still have to question how good this team is. It's a workmanlike team, but I still think the Bulls have much more upside. They meet on Jan 17th. My bet is that Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Mirotic will overmatch Horford and Milsap. And Jimmy Butler will slow down Kyle Korver.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:25 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The Hawks are certainly on a streak right now, but I still have to question how good this team is. It's a workmanlike team, but I still think the Bulls have much more upside. They meet on Jan 17th. My bet is that Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Mirotic will overmatch Horford and Milsap. And Jimmy Butler will slow down Kyle Korver.
The Hawks are for real. Thanks to League Pass I have watched quite a few of their games. They are not beating teams by accident. Their ball movement is excellent. Their spacing is great. Everyone is active. And while few think of them as a defensive team they are actually one of the best defensive teams in the league.

It won't be a easy for Chicago. One thing is for sure. Atlanta won't be intimidated. They have solidly beaten some of the best teams in the league, including some Western Conference contenders. Chicago won't show them anything they haven't seen yet. It will be a good match up.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
The Hawks are for real. Thanks to League Pass I have watched quite a few of their games. They are not beating teams by accident. Their ball movement is excellent. Their spacing is great. Everyone is active. And while few think of them as a defensive team they are actually one of the best defensive teams in the league.

It won't be a easy for Chicago. One thing is for sure. Atlanta won't be intimidated. They have solidly beaten some of the best teams in the league, including some Western Conference contenders. Chicago won't show them anything they haven't seen yet. It will be a good match up.
I have not watched them much, so I take your word for it. Don't you think that this team is highly vulnerable to injury? With that roster, it would seem they have to be hitting on all cylinders to win

If they do win the East, I guess that every team in the league is going to be looking to sign a Popovich assistant as head coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball