Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you root to fail?
Lebron 17 54.84%
Curry/Warriors 14 45.16%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:35 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,761,354 times

Advertisements

People have been rooting for Lebron to fail his entire career. The Warriors have really revved up the Hate Machine by breaking the Bulls' record and becoming the darling of the NBA. Haters want to see the Warriors fall flat on their face, but then that means another championship for Lebron. And that means more greatness for him, which is a threat to insecure Kobe/Jordan stans. So if you are a hater, who do you want to see fail under the circumstances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 08:45 AM

10,571 posts, read 7,781,727 times
I don't have a problem with Lebron or the Warriors, so either way is fine.

Even if the Warriors win it their haters won't quit, continuing to insist that the Bulls or even the '60's Celtics are far superior.

So, how about an NBA finals prediction poll instead?

I've seen the Cavs in parts of only two games this year, and that's it. Nevertheless, I'll take the Warriors in 7.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,616,311 times
I'm a bit torn here, because I wouldn't mind if Lebron helps Cleveland get their very first NBA championship. However, having a West coast bias, I'm going to root for the GS Warriors to WIN, and Lebron to lose.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:46 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,531,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
People have been rooting for Lebron to fail his entire career. The Warriors have really revved up the Hate Machine by breaking the Bulls' record and becoming the darling of the NBA. Haters want to see the Warriors fall flat on their face, but then that means another championship for Lebron. And that means more greatness for him, which is a threat to insecure Kobe/Jordan stans. So if you are a hater, who do you want to see fail under the circumstances?
Look Bajan...Im no hater of either team. I was a hater of the Spurs and Miami though. Ive been wanting to see Lebron win IN CLEVELAND since he got drafted. The warriors have been a bad team since RUN TMC days, so if anyone is deserving of a winning team is the San Fran-Oakland area. The team is good and success did not come immediately for them. Curry has been in the league for a while and just got to the Finals last year. Lebron still has not won where it counts and that is in Cleveland Ohio. I dont any reason to hate either team. They arent the yawn fest that the San Antonia Spurs were.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:57 AM

759 posts, read 637,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So if you are a hater, who do you want to see fail under the circumstances?
I used to be a big Lebron fan... but then he pulled the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" and I lost respect for the guy.

Players leave in free agency all the time... but none of them did it in the "look at me Cleveland" fashion that he did.

2011 was such great karma... LOL

GS in 7.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:59 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,009,219 times
I'm a big Kobe fan, but once his body fell apart, I couldn't deny how great Lebron was (is). Yeah I rooted against him for a year or two in Miami, but he matured a bit and it's kind of amazing how good he still is after 13 years. Imagine how good the Lakers would have been if he had been on the early 2000s Lakers with Shaq instead of Kobe. In my mind, the signature Lebron play is sprinting down the floor and getting an awesome block, not hitting a 3 with Shane Battier's hand in your face, which is pretty cool.

I'm not exactly a hater of either team but I do get annoyed by the bay area arrogance (this has nothing to do with sports). For some reason I don't have a problem with the Sharks winning though. Probably because they've never won before. Or because Oakland is a dump.

I guarantee you Lebron will win this poll by a landslide.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:06 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,621,902 times
I rooted for Lebron in last yeas finals. This year, I'm going to have to root for the Warriors because I want to see them complete the best season in NBA history. It kind of sucks because Lebron will get even more hate for dropping yet another Finals.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:34 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,009,219 times
Actually I probably rooted against Lebron for a while because of ESPN's stupid "Heat index" thing every single game. "Lebron only scored 35 points tonight, C+." "Celtics kept it close and lost by 5, B+." I think ESPN deserves most of the hate.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:57 AM

759 posts, read 637,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
This year, I'm going to have to root for the Warriors because I want to see them complete the best season in NBA history.
Best regular season or best regular season + playoffs?

Bulls 72-10 and playoffs 15-3...

Warriors 73-9 and (best case scenario 4-0 sweep which won't happen) playoffs 16-5.

Bulls 87-13 (.870)
Warriors 89-14 (.864)

Just sayin'

Old 05-31-2016, 11:10 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
I'd like to see the city of Cleveland get their championship on some sport, but I can't in good conscience root for a guy (no matter his opponent) as egomaniacal and two-faced as Lebron James. Until he stops trying to dictate the entire system of every organization he's in, I'll always be a Lebron hater...which is too bad, because I really want to like a guy with his skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball