Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:01 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I think you are correct on Klay Thompson. I haven't sat down and done the math or tried to project where the NBA's salary cap will be going over the next 3 or 4 seasons but it is tough to imagine a team being able to pay and keep 4 max players (Curry, Durant, Draymond Green & Klay Thompson). Keeping Curry & Durant will be a no-brainer, as they are the two top players on the team, so I think Golden State will end up having to decide between Draymond & Klay. I think they will choose to keep Draymond and will have to let Klay Thompson leave via free agency. That is unless some of the other players on the roster are willing to take less money to keep Klay around.
I actually think Lacob would be willing pay 4 max players. I just think Thompson may want a bigger role. He's kind of fallen in the background with the arrival of Durant. Plus, if they win this season he would have two championships. His priorities may change. It will be interesting to watch.

Thompson has always been the enigma of that group. He doesn't have Draymond's bravado or Steph's charisma. And he's not a bona fide superstar like Durant. So he will be interesting to watch.

Last edited by CaliDude1; 05-23-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 11:19 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthenerdyguru View Post
Why do people not have common sense?Why would paul george go to lakers?why go to a WORSE team that didn't even make playoffs?Now if its money wise i understand,but winning championships or even going to playoffs its NOT gonna happen at lakers and they are much worse then indiana.

The other part is when KD was a free agency,now lets look at facts

he only had two teams he can go to either cavs or warriors,cause okc was 3rd best team in nba,why would he go any where elese?boston?wizards?come on those are worse teams then he was.

And their is stephen curry free agency rumors,why would he leave an all star team like warriors?

People need to think players want to win,unless its about money like melo then i can see them going to any team..

Because people like to chase the almighty dollar and or are egotistical and refuse to move out of the spotlight.

Personally, I'd rather be a 6th scoring option on a team like the Spurs or Warriors and make $4 million a year, but are in the running for championships every season than go to a team like the Lakers or Knicks, be the hot-shot star and the toast of the town with $28 million, but my team stinks because my salary takes up 60% of the team's overall payroll, so the team can only surround me with D-leaguers, cast offs, and undrafted free agents.

Unfortunately, most players, not just in NBA but in ALL sports choose option B (chasing money in exchange for winning) over option A (winning over money), and unfortunately for them (*coughMelocough*) the grass is usually not greener on the other side. You can ALWAYS make money at some way, you may NEVER win a championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball