Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:03 PM

101 posts, read 261,469 times

Advertisements

Trash collector.

After almost 3 years in BTR I'm still not used to seeing people throw trash out their car windows. I just don't get it. Truly, it's heartbreaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,353 times
What trash collector? Most of it sits on the ground until it decomposes or gets mulched by lawn mowers.

It would stand to reason that highest encarcerated population should equal (=) smallest litter problem. But reason is incorrect in this case.

I don't understand it either. But please don't act as if littering is some human anomaly found only in BR. Whatever Utopia you came from where people never litter, I wish more places were like it.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Nicer parts of Houston are never littered and very clean and tidy. There are a lot of nice parts of Houston.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times
I'd love to see the demographics of those " nice areas " .

Old 01-08-2012, 12:31 PM

101 posts, read 261,469 times
One way I try to fix the problem, one person at a time, is to get out of my car and pick up the trash as it's dropped. The litterer sees me doing it. Maybe I'll get shot but that won't stop me from setting/making an example. Setting an example, being a role model, that's one positive way -- in every area of life - that each of us can support change.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Nicer parts of Houston are never littered and very clean and tidy. There are a lot of nice parts of Houston.
There is a big difference between places that are "never littered" and places where people don't litter. If the trash got picked up all the time, you would be able to say that Baton Rouge was "never littered."

I say that place where people "don't litter" doesn't exist.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I'd love to see the demographics of those " nice areas " .
You and me both.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_Bound View Post
One way I try to fix the problem, one person at a time, is to get out of my car and pick up the trash as it's dropped. The litterer sees me doing it. Maybe I'll get shot but that won't stop me from setting/making an example. Setting an example, being a role model, that's one positive way -- in every area of life - that each of us can support change.
I was once at Bocage Market when I saw this lady (who was clearly not from this neighborhood, or else her appearance was very deceptive) get out of her car and place her used McDonald's bag on the ground, and walk in the store. I got out of my car and picked it up, and put it underneath her windshield wiper so she'd know exactly what we think of litter bugs in Bocage/Old Goodwood area.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
There is a big difference between places that are "never littered" and places where people don't litter. If the trash got picked up all the time, you would be able to say that Baton Rouge was "never littered."

I say that place where people "don't litter" doesn't exist.
I never said people don't litter. I said places are never littered, meaning a condition of disorder.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I never said people don't litter. I said places are never littered, meaning a condition of disorder.
I realize that. That's why I did a comparison of what you said versus what I said, so people did not get it confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: