Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > bev osborn
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Why is Missouri always in the middle of the pack compared to other states?

Posted 08-08-2013 at 03:46 PM by bev osborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
I disagree. I think that "backwardness" "isolation" "poverty" and "rednecks" is a problem in pretty much all states. Yes, even in the state of Washington. But Washington state usually finishes high up in the polls. Gun-totin and former slave state is something that many other states share, like Georgia and Maryland. For the most part, the poverty and isolation isn't out of the ordinary, so I just don't think this answers the question.

Ohio seems
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Where should I move to in Kansas?

Posted 08-06-2013 at 12:05 PM by bev osborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I really haven't seen any pigs running loose in Kansas...
Good one! I am amazed at what passes for spelling on this site---and did you notice that poor ol Oklahoma is in a coma????
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Is Being Childfree Selfish? Debating Time Magazine's Touchy New Issue

Posted 08-04-2013 at 08:20 PM by bev osborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
It's "selfish" because the childfree individual is putting their own wants and needs above their "tribe"'s need to perpetuate, expand and dominate.

The government wants more soldiers and taxpayers.

Corporations need more cheap labor and consumers.

Organized religion wants more followers.
Very insightful and bright post--for me I think these people of 2 certain religions that are instructed to have 10 kids or whatever,are...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Has anyone ever stole fruit from your vegetable garden or fruit tree.

Posted 08-04-2013 at 12:16 PM by bev osborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
Neighbor kids at our house in Chicago -- and I wanted to kill them. I backed the car out of the garage and there was this gang of kids, 10-12 years old, on bikes and skateboards, throwing tomatoes at each other. They had been around to the side of the house and stripped all my plants of dozens of ripe ones I was planning to pick. I nearly ran into them before I saw them in my rearview mirror. Kinda wish I had.

No one has EVER heard me scream like I did that day. The kids in suburban
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Lawrence or Topeka : working in Topeka

Posted 08-04-2013 at 11:52 AM by bev osborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
With today's real estate market, I'd want to know I was staying somewhere at least 5-6 years before buying a house. Especially one in a place like Topeka.

In Lawrence, you might be able to get away with it. Smaller houses are often easy to trade in Lawrence because people buy them and rent them out to college students.

So long as you don't mind the commute. Otherwise, I'd find a cheap place to rent in Topeka, if you don't mind living in Topeka.
Topeka was a nice...
Posted in Uncategorized