Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Riley.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Could You Live In An All-White Neighborhood?

Posted 01-30-2022 at 09:20 AM by Riley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I saw this and thought by saying "all white" you were referring to the residents.

As a kid, my family lived for a while in a neighborhood where the vast majority of the townhouses were painted white. I never gave it a second thought.
I thought the same thing.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

2nd Home in VT

Posted 04-07-2018 at 06:30 AM by Riley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever View Post
Just scrapped what? My family's been thinking of moving to Vermont, but we're concerned about the property taxes. I'd like to hear what (if anything) is coming up in the legislature.
Vermont is costly and taxes are high. And although it sounds like many here are well-versed on a complicated, difficult to understand system, do your homework. It all depends on what you are looking for in a move to this state.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Arkansas vs Vermont

Posted 11-17-2017 at 01:04 PM by Riley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeKing5 View Post
I lived in Arkansas for 2 years before moving to Michigan. I noticed that it's very much a rural state like Vermont. I'd like to know which one would you rather live in?

I've never been to Michigan or Arkansas, but if AR is the bible belt, a move to VT, if that's what you're considering, would take some serious research. This is not a church-friendly, or any friendly, type of state. People are very left wing, outsiders are not readily included or are discounted as 'flatlanders'...
Posted in Uncategorized