Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Aeliza
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Leaving DFW

Posted 05-24-2020 at 04:11 PM by Aeliza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Not a grudge. It is a statement of fact based upon the way things unfolded in my life. Ill advised moves can damage lives. Moves in general should be carefully considered.

It can be unfortunate when things do not work out in a city, but at least you made the determination in a short period of time. Did you return to a city where you lived prior to Dallas or a brand new city?

For the people who relocate here once they've formed their
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Leaving DFW

Posted 05-24-2020 at 03:37 PM by Aeliza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Not a grudge. It is a statement of fact based upon the way things unfolded in my life. Ill advised moves can damage lives. Moves in general should be carefully considered.

It can be unfortunate when things do not work out in a city, but at least you made the determination in a short period of time. Did you return to a city where you lived prior to Dallas or a brand new city?

For the people who relocate here once they've formed their
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Leaving DFW

Posted 05-24-2020 at 03:27 PM by Aeliza

—————

Agreed. I ended up taking a job in Portland, OR. I’m originally from Seattle; was looking for opportunities solely in the NW. I knew about six months in that DFW wasn’t for me. I’m grateful I was able to leave before the two-year mark.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Arlington Area

Posted 02-13-2020 at 05:50 PM by Aeliza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshStart9 View Post
Yea I was wondering how bad the commute would be, I wasn’t sure if 30 was one of those highways that always has traffic making it bad to get to work every day

Thanks. Looked at some of these and also looked in the Kessler area, I’ve also noticed it seems like a bunch of apartments don’t come with W/D but just the hookups. Do you have to supply your own or is it one of those things where the complex will rent them to you? Definitely happy to hear it is a reverse
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Toyota Employees- How is Texas?

Posted 10-12-2018 at 04:39 PM by Aeliza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
I don't think DFW is pretty, but, may I say, I don't think the Bay Area or LA are pretty either. Same for the majority of Seattle, which I've made known is my dream city. All four metros are overwhelmingly dull, or similar, or just boring looking- it isn't like most of us commute by helicopters and enjoy the birds eye view of mountains and oceans in the background.

Manchester, New Hampshire, was certainly pretty, although I spent little time more than ten miles from downtown.
Posted in Uncategorized