Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

ON: smart phone vs paper boarding passes

Posted 03-27-2019 at 12:25 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
My daughter encouraged me to get the iPhone and use it as a boarding pass. But now she tells me that almost nowhere that she travels(and she travels a lot in and out of the USA, flies at least 15 times a year) will security allow her through on just a smart phone. My daughter always gets a kiosk printed paper boarding pass at the airport, and uses it for getting on the plane. Her iPhone pass is actually back up for paper.

But online it says you can use your phone at all TSA checkpoints.
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Tableau launches $1.3 million initiative to tackle bums, winos, vagrants, and wackos on our streets

Posted 03-12-2019 at 06:31 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 04-05-2019 at 09:15 PM by Blondebaerde

This is interesting, Tableau (based on Seattle) will start using tech to track the "homelessness problem" in fifty US cities. This hit close to home (chuckle: literally) because they're local to me, just down the street actually (Kirkland campus).

https://www.king5.com/article/tech/t...6-678c1e14dbfb

Related: An Analytics/Big Data "Story"

Some years...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

(In Resp To): Feel good story illustrates the dumbing down of college

Posted 03-08-2019 at 01:01 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.9c7ac8bcfd13

Warning - Washington Post has a paywall. You get the first few articles free.

In this feel good story, a man who is a senior at Morehouse college (a historically black college in Atlanta, GA) had to bring his baby to class with him. The professor offered to hold the baby while he taught, so that the student
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Quite a few Comments on Support Groups are Just Stupid

Posted 03-05-2019 at 02:16 PM by Blondebaerde

As someone who will always be fighting my weight, I nonetheless know the 'secret' to being normal weight and healthy. As they say, big difference between knowing the path vs. walking the path, though. I'm trying, and have a sense of humor about it.

Years ago, using myself as a lab rat, I watched calories in vs. calories out, time of day, type of foods, and much more to see what the triggers were. And sure enough, along with activity levels, figure it all out. Unf it's a fair...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Why do people dislike slowpokes so much?

Posted 02-03-2019 at 03:37 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
I can't stand slowpokes: principally people who walk very slowly on the sidewalk or who sit there on escalators. However, even people who are slow in doing things drive me up the wall.

Are you the same way? If so, why? Surely it's a psychological issue.
No one addressed the question: "Why do..."

If you are walk left, stand right, I have no concerns. You are an obstacle, I will exit that from my path immediately and w/o concern.
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle