Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

April 26, 2024 - Exhortation

Posted Yesterday at 07:03 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

'You were made queen for just such a time as this?" Esther 4:14

It takes much effort, faith, and courage to worship when you feel like crying -- to walk around your home declaring victory over things that have been the same for years -- to speak life into those dead relationships, into your body, into your finances, into your business -- to speak the opposite of what you see and feel -- to go against everything the world says.

No one in scripture ever accomplished...
Posted in Christianity
Old

The Sons Of God Revelation

Posted Yesterday at 02:16 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

God's desire is that we fully understand our Christ identity and the extent of the calling on the lives of His saints. The call is immense – full of His "kabod" glory, and it is vital to our covenant DESTINY in Christ that we have His revelation on the fullness of the call in this incredible hour we are chosen to serve Him in.

"...according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose...
Posted in Christianity
Old

April 25, 2024 - Exhortation

Posted 04-25-2024 at 08:17 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

The enemy has lured many of God's people into a spirit that has caused huge weights and burdens to become attached to people's souls; it has built strongholds in people's minds.

This spirit works by getting people to believe that their voices don't deserve to be heard, or that they are not important and cannot make a difference. It has stolen from their dignity and honor, causing them to fear being rejected, and much more.

Jesus gave us the glory that the Father had...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Taking Hold Of Victory

Posted 04-25-2024 at 01:32 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

The World is Getting Darker...But We Should Get Excited!
This is truly the Kairos moment for our generation.
Where are the ones that are going to walk in the authority and the power that God has given us?

HIS POWER AND AUTHORITY IN US

John 14:12-14, - "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name,...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Power Study A 46 - Notes

Posted 04-24-2024 at 08:48 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

1 Corinthians 2:12 - "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God."

As we grow, through revelation, in our understanding of God’s purpose for our life, living in our Christ identity as God’s sons and daughters, and our true riches in His glory, we will live out of the ascended life.

When we don’t know what we already have, we are limited.

CURSE OF...
Posted in Christianity