Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Embracing God's Purpose

Posted 10-31-2023 at 08:32 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Jesus came to earth knowing the sole purpose of the Father for His life. Every born-again believer has a purpose (calling) destined by God that is connected to advancing His Kingdom in the earth.

Much of the favor of God that you experience is tied to whether or not you are living your life pursuing that purpose.

If we never come to the place of realizing that why we are here IS to do His will then we are really missing it. The will of God is not convenient, as many...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Stoking Your Passion

Posted 10-31-2023 at 12:36 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

When you become hungry for God, activities that used to comfort and feed you lose their attraction. Unhealthy substitutes no longer satisfy you as they once did. You are being drawn by the Holy Spirit to discover that Jesus is your source, your food, your delight, your passion, for it's time to make Him your passion!

We do not live as the spiritually blind do – we come to understand our Christ identity, as one who is born again in Christ Jesus. We want the glory of Christ to shine...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Hunger For God

Posted 10-31-2023 at 10:13 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Hunger for God is often characterized by a feeling of discontent. You sense you are missing something in your relationship with Him. You are no longer satisfied with the degree to which you have known Jesus.

Perhaps your relationship with Him has been drifting. You begin to feel restless in that discontent, for the Holy Spirit is drawing you closer.

Walk in a place of connectivity to the Spirit, to realize that it's your portion and that it's your inheritance. It's...
Posted in Christianity
Old

The Holy Spirit Says -- Today!

Posted 10-31-2023 at 09:53 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Today, will we make room for God to birth a new thing within your heart, family, and church?

Will you let go of the old to receive the new?

Are you ready to ascend out of Baby Christianhood into the Christ Calling that God meant for you to have?

Will you let go of what's safe for something that's dangerously outside of your comfort zone?

Will you lean in close to the Father's heartbeat to hear what new thing He wants to birth in and through
Posted in Christianity
Old

October 31, 2023 – Exhortation

Posted 10-30-2023 at 11:08 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

You may have felt disarmed and disabled by the noise of the world and become confused and distracted from your Christ calling.

There is a reset taking place right now where God is exposing the diversions to your calling (Ephesians 4:1), removing all strings, wires, ropes, and chains and He is restoring and healing those that have been cluttered and sidetracked from their real mission. As you abide in the secret place fresh oil is flowing to rise you up with fresh fire and focus....
Posted in Christianity