Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:32 AM

88 posts, read 726,109 times

Advertisements

whats the most you can negotiate on a BMW. Im hearing from some they wont negotiate because its luxury, and im hearing from some that they will. Im looking at a M3 2013 convertible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Why not try and see what happens?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:45 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Everything is negotiable, but some dealers will negotiate more than others, and some dealers are looking to net a certain percentage of profit, where other dealers may have a lower number.

Some good advice I got a long time ago was to call several dealerships, and ask for their parts department. Ask how much a certain part is, usually a $4-500 part. Ask each dealer the same question. The one that gives you the lowest price on the exact same factory part generally will have lower pricing on their vehicles too.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
They aren't really going to budge much on the M line unless they have a lot sitting which is very rare. Most folks looking for an M are going to want to order it just the way they like it. I've paid MSRP for an M3, and I even paid cash. They wouldn't budge.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:51 AM

132 posts, read 182,494 times
I would think that a low volume model like an M3 convertible may offer little in the way of a discount, as opposed to other BMW models.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Everything is negotiable, but some dealers will negotiate more than others, and some dealers are looking to net a certain percentage of profit, where other dealers may have a lower number.

Some good advice I got a long time ago was to call several dealerships, and ask for their parts department. Ask how much a certain part is, usually a $4-500 part. Ask each dealer the same question. The one that gives you the lowest price on the exact same factory part generally will have lower pricing on their vehicles too.
I never thought about this. Ill have to call around and ask now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
They aren't really going to budge much on the M line unless they have a lot sitting which is very rare. Most folks looking for an M are going to want to order it just the way they like it. I've paid MSRP for an M3, and I even paid cash. They wouldn't budge.
how do you like it? is it worth the money

what has been others experience with the m3?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucemoney View Post
how do you like it? is it worth the money

what has been others experience with the m3?
Worth every penny... on the track. In rush hour, it was difficult. The car wants to be pushed, it wants to go fast. Stop and go traffic... she didn't care for that much. I had a 'commuter' car as well that got used often.

I put a fair amount of money into as well, I dream about that car, I miss it quite a bit. I sold it to a friend years ago, it paid for my wedding.

Here she is:

BMW's-dsc_0022.jpg

BMW's-dsc_0018-v2.jpg

Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
No one seems to know when to use an apostrophe or not.

If you are talking about plural BMW cars then you should write "BMWs" (the example is this thread)

If you are talking about the paint on a BMW you could write "the BMW's paint is terrific" because that is a possessive.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:14 AM

491 posts, read 1,651,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucemoney View Post
whats the most you can negotiate on a BMW. Im hearing from some they wont negotiate because its luxury, and im hearing from some that they will. Im looking at a M3 2013 convertible
Yeah, it will be tough not because it's luxury but more so because there are a lot of fanatics that love the car, in other words, sought after. The model you are looking at is the E93 M3 since it's the convertible. This car is a beast with a V8 and 414hp. Are you sure you want the convertible version? Most enthusiasts go for the coupe. If you do get this car, you will not regret it as far as performance is concern.
Are you looking for the manual?
I love the E90(sedan) and the E92(coupe).

Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
Worth every penny... on the track. In rush hour, it was difficult. The car wants to be pushed, it wants to go fast. Stop and go traffic... she didn't care for that much. I had a 'commuter' car as well that got used often.

I put a fair amount of money into as well, I dream about that car, I miss it quite a bit. I sold it to a friend years ago, it paid for my wedding.

Here she is:

Attachment 113395

Attachment 113396
beautifu! who did you use for the side intakes...I didn't get the chance to go fast cause I was test driving out in LA lovely traffic. Did you have the interior custom also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI