Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:21 PM

154 posts, read 926,114 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what towns in the Boise Metropolitan Area were considered desirable to people living ithere already. Can anyone give their opinion on what towns they like surrounding Boise? Also, why do you enjoy or want to live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 01:41 PM

318 posts, read 1,317,207 times
Wilkermoo,

Go to the top of the page and do a search on each of these. Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Emmett, Eagle, Bosie Bench. You will find a lot of stuff on each area. I live in CA but have been researching Idaho for months. Got a lot of info. doing the above. Can anyone else think of keywords for Wilkermoo to do a search on.

Izzy

Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Wilkermoo,

Go to the top of the page and do a search on each of these. Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Emmett, Eagle, Bosie Bench. You will find a lot of stuff on each area. I live in CA but have been researching Idaho for months. Got a lot of info. doing the above. Can anyone else think of keywords for Wilkermoo to do a search on.

Izzy

Meridian. Star, Kuna

Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM

10 posts, read 72,878 times
Towns outside of the Boise city limits that I would live in are Meridian,Eagle,Star,Kuna. Within Boise itself there are many desirable areas that each have their own identity. Southeast Boise along Parkcenter Boulevard is very natural and beautiful and close to the river. The Bench has nice neighborhoods--you can't go wrong in actual city limits. The North End is tops, but expensive. Are you looking in Boise city limits or out of city limits?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM

8 posts, read 44,557 times
Default Boise MSA--Where?

I concur with a previous poster. Meridian (where I live) is nice as is Kuna and Star. The last two are a bit farther from Boise (15 miles) but are samller and have lower home prices. Eagle is very nice, but homes are pricey for this area. Other towns if you want a more rural feel are Middleton and Emmett--once again farther than all of the above but can get some land.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,664 times
How come no one ever mentions GArden City?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 PM

434 posts, read 3,178,282 times
Because Garden City is a dump.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 PM

74 posts, read 312,907 times
Caldwell - No. Too many gangs and rush hour traffic to/from Boise.
Nampa - No. Gangs, rush hour traffic to/from Boise and the Sugar Beet Factory (stinky).
Star - No. There is nothing in Star.
Eagle - Hell No. Pretentious and over priced.
Meridian - No. Nothing but boring subdivisions.
Kuna - No. Brown, Brown, Brown.
Boise. YES. As Idaho goes it is diverse, with many distint neighborhoods, people, housing types, and entertainment.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM

110 posts, read 572,902 times
As a teacher I would recommend either Boise or Meridian. Here in ID the more businesses a town has, the more money schools have to invest in the kids. It is a weird relationship, but believe me, the smaller the town, the less taxes are poured into schools. Having said that, Meridian is somewhat crowded, about 5 years ago, everyone wanted to live in Meridian and tons of subdivisions were built there, however the schools couldn't keep up with the demand and growth of the area. Today they are still lacking schools and although the situation is a little better, you will see a lot of elementary schools with mobile classrooms and in need of teachers. Boise has some of the best schools in the treasure valley, mainly because teacher's salaries are higher in Boise and they can be choosier. Since more teachers apply there, they can get the best candidates and offer the best teachers in the valley. I know when I got hired at the district; there were 9 applicants for my position, so they really had the chance to pick the best candidate. Some smaller towns don't have that choice; they might have only one applicant and they will have to take however applies to fill the position. This happens a lot in Kuna, Nampa and Caldwell. However be careful were you buy in Boise, some Middle Schools have a large Hispanic population and a lot of the kids don’t speak English. This unfortunately causes a lot of money to be spent into English as a second language programs and therefore the other kids (mainly the AP classes) suffer. I don’t want to mention any school names here just research well and keep things into prospective.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 PM

8 posts, read 59,597 times
No one mentioned sw boise either. I lived there for few month. Quiet and has a farmland feel to it. Not too far from the mall too. Other opinions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area