Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times

Advertisements

I need some work done on my Audi.. I have a power steering leak that needs fixed and a new catalytic converter. I can compile a list of mechanics with google. But I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with an import mechanic they would recommend. The Audi dealership will charge me $100 just to look at it for an hour. The list of other mechanics is overwhelmingly huge. I guess I'm looking for someone who will give me a fair price and not take advantage of my lack of automotive knowledge.

Any suggestions?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:41 AM

301 posts, read 1,326,990 times
These guys score an A+ with the BBB:

Services | Jeff's Import Auto Werks

Old 12-26-2011, 09:50 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
There is also a place in Garden City called S-Car-Go that specializes in Audi's.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:57 PM

424 posts, read 1,378,934 times
Personally I recommend Maz-Tech. They work on just about any kind of car you can put in front of them and unlike a number of mechanics they will actually do the really in depth stuff (ie engine swaps, trannys, etc.). Been my mechanic for years and they are also a BBB member. On any given day you can find a wide variety of cars in there. I have seen everything in there from a classic Mustang to a classic Porsche 911 having it's engine rebuilt and every day cars in between.

MAZ-TECH

Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,010 times
I know the OP was asking about Audis but for someone reading the post looking for a mechanic for other import car mechanics, I have to say that Hurless Brothers, who work on Volvo, BMW and Mercedes, are the best mechanics EVER. The best customer service I have had from any business of any kind has been from Todd and Brett at Hurless Brothers. They are amazing--skilled, fair, reasonably priced, honest and they will take the time to do things right every time. You might have to book your oil change three weeks out because they are so busy, but they are busy because they are so good at what they do. They also treat their employees right--have had the same guys working in their shop for the eight years I've been going there. LOVE them!!

Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 AM

805 posts, read 2,000,172 times
i have taken my VW multiple times to Jeff's Import Autowerks. He is a stand up guy and his prices are fair. If i had a japanese car i might look somewhere else....But he's the best German vehicle mechanic in the Boise area without a doubt.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 PM

232 posts, read 565,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
i have taken my VW multiple times to Jeff's Import Autowerks. He is a stand up guy and his prices are fair. If i had a japanese car i might look somewhere else....But he's the best German vehicle mechanic in the Boise area without a doubt.
As Enigmadsm points out, the recommendations are for German cars.

Has anyone had any experience with the Boise Lexus dealer? Or, as an alternative, had a Lexus worked on by another shop?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 PM

424 posts, read 1,378,934 times
I had a '95 Lexus SC300 and my mechanic (listed in my post above) took care of it for the few years that I owned it. Had to completely replace the exhaust because the dealer had some idiot mechanic try to rig a cut catalytic converter/sink pipe config. So they built me a custom exhaust system which worked great. They did all kinds of work on that thing for me and did well with it.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM

133 posts, read 289,537 times
I used a company called S Car Go in Garden City that was pretty good. They are really hard to find. Number is 208-322-6061. The guy does nothing but fix up Audis.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

232 posts, read 565,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
I had a '95 Lexus SC300 and my mechanic (listed in my post above) took care of it for the few years that I owned it. Had to completely replace the exhaust because the dealer had some idiot mechanic try to rig a cut catalytic converter/sink pipe config. So they built me a custom exhaust system which worked great. They did all kinds of work on that thing for me and did well with it.
Thanks, that's what I needed. I do like their "About Us" on the website....shows they have a sense of humor!

I'll give them a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: