Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 10:32 PM

128 posts, read 327,498 times

Advertisements

I noticed most of Boise seems like a ghost town especially in newer developments. Eagle too.

Are many of these vacation homes or do many leave for winter? Perhaps they are inside hibernating although it looks like most are not home.

The river trail has been empty too. Probably too cold.

So I guess my question is, is there a pretty large vacation home market there? Perhaps Californians!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,365,147 times
I've been out and about the past few days and downtown has been busy, of course the shopping areas are packed and today the portion of the greenbelt I cycled on was busy, it was even busy on Thanksgiving Day. When it turns cold people here hibernate for a day to two to adjust then they are right back out jogging and cycling and skiing when there's enough snow. During winter you won't see as many people hanging out on downtown streets as during the warm months. Everyone is in the restaurants and bars and shops staying warm.

I notice at the gym I work out in that during the warm months there aren't as many people in the gym because they are working out in this natural city, but when it turns cold the gym is packed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area