Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 03:39 PM

31 posts, read 99,105 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
My wife and I are considering Boise as our new home.
We are currently on the Olympic Peninsula in Port Angeles, Wa. and are starting to grow moss. We both need a warm, dry rock to bake in the sun on.
Boise interests us because we really like to hike, snowboard, XC ski and MTB, along with me being an avid golfer and we just generally like to be outside alot.
We are planning on visiting for a week in May. Any suggestions for places to stay with our 2 Labs? Hotel or campground are good for us. I figure the weather in early May should be fairly nice.
We think we'll be able to find work pretty easily as we are both medical professionals.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,315 times
Wow - Port Angeles..... We live in Poulsbo, WA and are trying to get our soggy bottoms to dryer climate as well..... Hope you get there soon.....Hope we do too.....

Jenny

Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,224,287 times
I can tell you two people I know who just entered the medical field as nurses got an offer for every position they applied for, so that should be no issue for you.

Try this hotel, I recommend it a lot to clients that come for a visit. Everyone seems happy there. They do accept pets but I think it's a $50 deposit- not sure if that's per pet, but it's nonrefundable. Another good thing about this hotel is it lists lots of activities to do in the area and would be an excellent starting ground when making your plans. It's also a great location-very close to downtown.

SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter: Hotel information and features in Boise

Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM

8 posts, read 33,000 times
A few places to go if you have the time and don't mind a drive.
1) Go downtown and hit a restaurant, try to find a place with outdoor seating and enjoy people watching.
2) (mountain trip) Take highway 55 out of town and enjoy the scenery, stop off at Tamarack Resort for a bite and a hike.
3) (desert trip) Take Meridian road and head out past Kuna toward Swan Falls Dam. You'll drive through the Birds of Prey area until you head into the Snake River Canyon. Park and take your dogs for a long hike along the Snake River.
4) (Sprawl Trip) Drive down Eagle Road, enjoy the traffic, strip malls and huge subdivisions. (It's not all roses) ;-)

Old 03-11-2008, 05:40 PM

31 posts, read 99,105 times
Yeah, the wet is really killing me.
We have a beautiful home here but for my sanity I need sunshine!! We lived in Mammoth, Ca. before we came here. 50ft of snow but the sun was out when it wasn't snowing. I can handle most weather as long as the sun is out between storms. Doesn't even have to be warm.....

Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM

580 posts, read 1,685,028 times
I didnt know how nice Boise was until I visited it myself on my computer.
You can do also... go to google.com and click on map. Then at the top right corner you should be able to see Street View. Click on Street View and you will see cameras. Zoom in on the camera in Bosie, Idaho and keep zooming in slowly until you see a yellow/ orange human figure. Place that figure on a blue street and explore.

Its interesting

Old 03-12-2008, 12:38 AM

310 posts, read 1,285,066 times
forgot to ask this in my previous threads so I figure I'll ask it here instead of starting a new thread.

How are the mosquitoes in Boise?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 AM

34 posts, read 198,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPerkins33 View Post
forgot to ask this in my previous threads so I figure I'll ask it here instead of starting a new thread.

How are the mosquitoes in Boise?
A couple of years ago we had a problem, but last year it seemed that there weren't that many mosquitoes around. They did aerial spraying 2 years ago in ADA county (BOISE, MERIDIAN, EAGLE) and CANYON county (NAMPA, CALDWELL); however, they only did CANYON county last year. I did see a few of the mosquito abaitment trucks out last summer, but don't remember seeing that many mosquitos. Keep your yard free of standing water and you usually don't have too many problems. I would imagine the humidity in the midwest and east would be a better environment for mosquitos than the dryer west. I don't live near the river so or any of the neighborhoods that have ponds, so I am not sure if those folks had any issues last year or not.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM

310 posts, read 1,285,066 times
yeah here in Iowa we have a ton of them so I'm sure based on environment alone I won't have a problem with them in Boise. It'll be nice to get away from them when I move this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area