Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 07:22 AM

16 posts, read 11,222 times

Advertisements

We are looking into moving to the Boise area and I'm hoping someone can talk to me about sports. My 2 boys will likely be playing baseball. Is it fairly competitive there? Are there travel teams? It has to be better than in Alaska, I just want a feel for how much better to expect or if there's not much available. Any information would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 08:17 AM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
The Boise area is very family friendly and sports and outdoor orientated so you should like it here. My 3 sons played football, basketball and rugby so I can't tell you first hand about basketball but some of my friends/clients kids play baseball and yes it is competitive. Some teams are designed more for social pleasure while others are very competitive (some might argue too much so for young kids).

Here is a link to an article about the new baseball/soccer stadium planned for downtown Boise:
https://boisedev.com/news/2017/3/27/...cdc-waterfront

I love the rendering of what it might look like when it is finished.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:35 AM

Thanks! That new stadium looks awesome.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:18 PM

33 posts, read 48,707 times
Okay Anson Family,

I have lived here almost my entire life. I moved to Chicago for a little while and moved back. This is a great community for sports there are plenty of options that you can look at. I have 2 boys in baseball right now and can tell you that you would need to know a few things when moving to they area for schooling? First, what are the ages of your boys? Second, how good are the boys? I just need to see if you have planned to look at some different areas. I can give you some great insight. I used to play on team Idaho and played on the varsity team for one of the local teams. The competition is good you just need someone to point you in the right direction. My boy is on a traveling tournament team and didn't make the 9u All Star team. That was a blessing in disguise he made the traveling 10u tournament team that could beat the 9u All Stars. Let me know if I can help you out with any questions. Moving to this area for sports you need to know things a few of those things.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Hi Sully, thank you for the reply!
Don't laugh but my little guys are 3 years old and 5 months old. My little 3 year old loves baseball already and baseball is such a big deal in our family. All the guys played college ball, my husband coached college and my brother in law played in the Yankees organization. If our boys are athletic and like sports, like we assume they will, we want them to have opportunities to play and some exposure that they just won't get in Alaska.
We are looking at Eagle, Star, possibly Boise depending on the land situation there. Thank you very much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: