Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 03:36 PM

46 posts, read 70,499 times

Advertisements

After two years on the market our house in Philadelphia finally sold and I feel like we grew wings.
We've been living with the in-laws in NJ for two weeks now and will probably continue to do so for the summer to replenish our savings account(sadly we took a loss on the house).
My wife and I will fly to Boise in August to rent a house.
Shortly after that we are buying a one-way ticket to Boise for the entire family ( my wife, our 2yo and 3yo and myself).
It's been a long journey and we are far from being done but it seems like things are finally falling into place and that gives us hope.
I look forward to calling Boise "home" and see my kids grow in a better environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 02:39 AM

819 posts, read 1,068,278 times
Congrats!

Our rental market if very strong here is very low vacancy rates so that part might be frustrating because many times you need to pay "application fees" just to try to get a place that is completely over booked with inquiries so you do the same at another management company, then another, etc. Many property management companies require a six month or 1 year lease.

For buying homes, bidding wars are pretty common especially in homes priced under $250k but I was just in one again today for a home over $500k.

I have lived all over the world and love it here in Boise. It is a great place to raise a family. After the dust settles, you will love it.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate i.
My wife and I are flying to Boise in August and I'm hoping 3-4 days will be enough for us to rent something....i don't know if that's realistic or not, we just can't stay more.
6 month lease or 1 year lease is fine , we are looking to rent for one year anyway until we figure out where we want to settle and then buy a house there.
I hope I won't have to do this but if need be I can pay in advance for 6 months or the whole year just to get us into a house......again it's not something I prefer to do but it's an option.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:30 AM

Another thing unique about Boise rentals is that unlike some areas of the country, property managers do not compensate other competitors as "leasing agents" so tenants are forced to fend for themselves with no representation. Teaming up with the right Realtor can help if they have a long term approach to business and don't mind helping a person now without pay realizing it is just planting a seed to possibly harvest down the road. Some Realtors also track rentals of their existing clients just as a favor to both parties since happy investors tend to buy more homes down the road from that Realtor.

Some of the larger property management companies can be of assistance since they know when their vacancies are expected so you can have an idea of what to expect prior to a property even being listed as available.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:06 PM

Thank you so much for the insight, can you recommend any realtors or companies I should be speaking to?
I'd like to get the ball rolling in that matter but i feel like a babe in the woods, really have no idea who to contact or where? Google, Craigslist?

Old 06-08-2016, 12:33 PM

I would avoid Craigslist because for rentals, they typically only advertise current vacancies and they don't look ahead. I work with some of my fellow Realtors that also have rentals that they use for short term rentals.

City-Data prohibits Realtors from originating a direct message offering assistance and also prohibits self promoting so unfortunately, I need to abstain from that request.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:48 PM

160 posts, read 252,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
City-Data prohibits Realtors from originating a direct message offering assistance and also prohibits self promoting so unfortunately, I need to abstain from that request.
I'm not a Realtor, so fortunately I can originate a direct recommendation to someone who can give you all the help you're looking for. I just sent you a DM..

Last edited by T M H; 06-08-2016 at 01:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area