Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:00 PM

13 posts, read 49,779 times

Advertisements

I come from a libral background and I'm getting the opinion that Boise area is very conservative is that true although reno was very conservative when I moved here 12 years ago now it's a nice mixture of accepting others views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 PM

85 posts, read 294,487 times
Im happy Boise is conservative and very Red.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
We've lived in SE Boise Columbia Village are for 20 years. SE Boise is rarely mentioned on this forum. Avg home prices are a tad higher, but being able to avoid the traffic, Eagle Road, Meridian Road Is completely worth it. Not nearly the density and traffic, better views of the foothills. Mall is barely 20 minutes down the highway.

I hope you have a job. Those are difficult to come by. Boise always has been a tough job market for us.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 PM

805 posts, read 2,001,481 times
i'd live in north end if i could choose...

Old 06-28-2010, 08:47 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbaRNDNR View Post
I come from a libral background and I'm getting the opinion that Boise area is very conservative is that true although reno was very conservative when I moved here 12 years ago now it's a nice mixture of accepting others views.
Idaho is more conservative, more of a live and let live attitude, but Boise itself is more liberal, especially the closer you get to the central area of the city. Boise is not as conservative as SLC and not as liberal as Portland.
The mayor is Democrat and if I remember correctly, in the last election, the city voted more D than R. I think Boise is a good healthy mix of both conservative and liberal viewpoints. People are accepting of other view points and lifestyles in Boise.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:55 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Idaho is more conservative, more of a live and let live attitude, but Boise itself is more liberal, especially the closer you get to the central area of the city. Boise is not as conservative as SLC and not as liberal as Portland.
The mayor is Democrat and if I remember correctly, in the last election, the city voted more D than R. I think Boise is a good healthy mix of both conservative and liberal viewpoints. People are accepting of other view points and lifestyles in Boise.
Boise can only be considered liberal if contrasted to the rest of Idaho or Utah. Boise is moderate at best and the rest of the metro, and state, are blood red. Not saying that it's good or bad, it's just how it is.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Boise can only be considered liberal if contrasted to the rest of Idaho or Utah. Boise is moderate at best and the rest of the metro, and state, are blood red. Not saying that it's good or bad, it's just how it is.
For sure Boise is liberal compared to the rest of Idaho, but still has some downright liberal streaks even when compared to other larger out of state areas.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:37 PM

26 posts, read 107,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabforever View Post
As a teacher I would recommend either Boise or Meridian. Here in ID the more businesses a town has, the more money schools have to invest in the kids. It is a weird relationship, but believe me, the smaller the town, the less taxes are poured into schools. Having said that, Meridian is somewhat crowded, about 5 years ago, everyone wanted to live in Meridian and tons of subdivisions were built there, however the schools couldn't keep up with the demand and growth of the area. Today they are still lacking schools and although the situation is a little better, you will see a lot of elementary schools with mobile classrooms and in need of teachers. Boise has some of the best schools in the treasure valley, mainly because teacher's salaries are higher in Boise and they can be choosier. Since more teachers apply there, they can get the best candidates and offer the best teachers in the valley. I know when I got hired at the district; there were 9 applicants for my position, so they really had the chance to pick the best candidate. Some smaller towns don't have that choice; they might have only one applicant and they will have to take however applies to fill the position. This happens a lot in Kuna, Nampa and Caldwell. However be careful were you buy in Boise, some Middle Schools have a large Hispanic population and a lot of the kids don’t speak English. This unfortunately causes a lot of money to be spent into English as a second language programs and therefore the other kids (mainly the AP classes) suffer. I don’t want to mention any school names here just research well and keep things into prospective.
English teacher not fear I.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:18 PM

222 posts, read 862,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso1979 View Post
We've lived in SE Boise Columbia Village are for 20 years. SE Boise is rarely mentioned on this forum.
We're next to Cypress Park in SE Boise. Easy access to I-84 at Broadway (and Gowen), ID-21
to Idaho City and Stanley, downtown Boise, Fred Meyer, Home Depot, and Boise Int'l Airport.

Barber Park, where one can float down the Boise River, is just north of us via E. Amity Rd. The
SE Boise region, to me, is bordered by Broadway, Warm Springs, ID-21 and Federal Way.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:59 PM

285 posts, read 541,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball6 View Post
Im happy Boise is conservative and very Red.
I am too. In fact, that is the reason we picked ID and Meridian to move to. Bend, OR was becoming too much like the west side of that state. The I-5ers were drifting east along with the CA imports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area