Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 06:20 PM

105 posts, read 228,952 times

Advertisements

My family and I are thinking of moving to the Boise area early next year. Could anyone tell me about the schools in Eagle? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 08:04 AM

993 posts, read 3,252,206 times
Try this link.

Greatschools.net Search: eagle id

Old 11-09-2008, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 12,234 times
Manny1031:
The Eagle Schools are part of the Meridian School District. Boundary maps can be found at the website below: (once you click the link, choose the district tab from the menu on the left, then choose transportation to get to the maps)
www.meridianschools.org

The Eagle schools have a wonderful reputation for performance and parental involvement. The elementary schools are Eagle, Eagle Hills and Seven Oaks (currently a year round program--may change in the near future). The middle school is Eagle Middle, and the 4-year High School is Eagle High (new boundary changes will direct certain portions of Eagle to the new Rocky Mountain High School).

The district website hasn't published a new assessment evaluation of the school test scores since 2004-2005, but the link is still helpful in assessing how the schools historically rank against other schools within the district. Here is the link
http://www.meridianschools.org/docs/parents/assessments/district_results/district_assessment_report-2004_2005.pdf (broken link)

There are a few private school options (Challenger has a good reputation) and there a handful of charter schools and magnet schools (Galileo is a math and science magnet school for the district).

Please don't hesitate to forward specific questions (and it would be helpful to know what grades you're primarily researching).

Good luck!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 PM

215 posts, read 788,884 times
Eagle schools do have a great reputation and Eagle is a beautiful place, keep in mind that commuting can be somewhat difficult from Eagle as the major road arteries from Eagle are Eagle road, State Street and Chinden. Eagle road especially if you have to take the freeway to commute. These roads do tend to get clogged with traffic during peak commuting times.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:50 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,715 times
Default They are good

I moved here last year.
Both my boys are in Eagle schools. One is in preschool and the other is Elementary. We have friends with kids in all the local Eagle schools and everyone is happy with thier choices. Kids, I've talked too seem to like Eagle Middle and Eagle High ... in addition, to the public their are several charter and private schools in the area.

Everyone talks about the commute and traffic being bad, but it depends on where you come from. Coming from Los Angeles and then Phoenix ... I think traffic here is a cake walk. We are only 9 miles or so to downtown Boise ... very close to shopping in Merdian. My husband work near the Mall area and his commute is 20 mins max. Now if you come from Kanab, Utah or another small town you might find traffic to be very bad ... some areas can get bogged down ... again, it simply depends on what you are used to.

Bottom line, we love it here

Side note: One friend did not like the teachiing quality at the Eagle public schools - but she is a highly educated teacher herself - so, she pulled her son out of 2nd grade and sent him to the Hidden Hills Charter School (about 3 miles from Eagle) and she loves it. There is another Charter (North Star) in Eagle that also uses the Harbor Method of Education.
Some people love it, others don't. I suggest visiting the education websites 4theluvofBoise suggested and then visiting the schools when you come here. That's what we did and that is how we chose our schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area