Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you buy O.J. Simpson's book?
Yes 4 6.25%
No 60 93.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:59 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd buy it only if it came with the opportunity to beat him senseless with it.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 06:29 AM

265 posts, read 814,043 times
I think the title should be changed to "When I did it". I would not buy this unless I could be assured that it would benefit the victims family.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:44 AM

531 posts, read 1,744,113 times
Although I'd be curious, I'll say no. This man is a cold,calculating psychopath(in my opinion) with no conscience. If he had any feelings at all, he would not want to publish such a book, if only for the effects it could have on his children.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I guess I'm the only one who voted yes. I saw on the news that the Goldman family will receive the proceeds, so yes I would buy the book. I hope that OJ also explains in the book why he seems to believe that the "real killers" are hunkering down around the golf courses in Florida, considering he vowed after he was found not guilty to find the "real killers" and that is where he can usually be found ever since the trial ended....has anyone heard that he has had any success in rounding up the "real killers" on those golf courses?
What people dont understand, is buy buying the book, they are actually helping pay off OJ's judgment. While the funds go to the Goldman family, it reduces the amount of debt that OJ owes the Goldman family.

Not only will I not buy it, I refuse to sell it. (I have a book distribution company)

Old 10-20-2007, 08:12 PM
kcm

68 posts, read 249,100 times
I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
No. His life is of no interest to me whatsoever whether he killed is wife or not. Another super-hyped celebrity with no appeal . I love biographies but I have to respect and find the person in question interesting and worthy of my time.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:10 PM

690 posts, read 2,630,092 times
Agree with the poster who mentioned Bugliosi's book. After reading it, I was more convinced than ever that Simpson is guilty. It also made something even more clear to me: the prosecution SUCKED. I was on maternity leave during the trial and watched it quite often. I kept up with the entire thing, along with my mother. I was convinced then that he was NOT guilty and hadn't done a thing wrong, and so was my mother. Once we started reading the various books and articles on the trial ("The Run Of His Life" by Jeffrey Toobin was another good one), and really started finding out about the evidence they had against Simpson, we knew we had been wrong. He was absolutely guilty, but the prosecution was so horrible that they had us convinced he WASN'T. Shame.

And yes, I'd read the book. I think it's basically his confession, "fictionalized", of course.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
That whole trial was a huge failure in our American justice system. Them drawing attention away from the murder and on putting it on Mark Furhman was a joke. Even if he was prejudice, and I do not think he was, what did that have to do whether OJ did the murder or not? There was so much overwhelming evidence against OJ.
On the up side his life will never be the same. He has lost the money rights to this book, lost most of his friends and the lifestyle he was knew. One day he will meet his maker and really have to answer for these things.
I too think that OJ is guilty & would never purchase this book but you lost me when you said that Furhman wasn't racist. Racism shouldn't be taken lightly or overlooked. This whole case became about race within America rather than double homicide as it should have been. A lot went wrong in this case but the fact that the lead arresting officer was such a racist gave many people reason to doubt the obvious guilt of OJ because of the very real racism that exists in America & law enforcement especially at that time with the LAPD & minorities.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 PM

75 posts, read 290,378 times
I definitely would not read his book. However, I think it is a pathetic attempt to raise money. He's so uninformed that he is willing to run the risk of exposing himself.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:02 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyR View Post
I definitely would not read his book. However, I think it is a pathetic attempt to raise money. He's so uninformed that he is willing to run the risk of exposing himself.
A little off topic - but what difference does it make if he exposes himself? He's been found not guilty - he could have walked out of the courtroom and done a press conference saying he did it, and how, and why, and what sick thrills he got from murdering people - he can't be tried again, double jeopardy. I don't think you'll ever see him admit it publicly because of his children, and IMO this was his catharsis of telling exactly how it happened without the admission of guilt. But how scary to think your FATHER is writing a book about "maybe if I did it, I would do it this way"...that speaks volumes to me right there. If you are truly grief-stricken and innocent you don't want to replay this on paper, you'd live with it every day in your head anyway. Only a true psychopath could even entertain the notion of putting it down on paper. Ugh. In my mind, he certainly fits the definition...

psychopath

A person with a personality disorder indicated by a pattern of lying, exploitiveness, heedlessness, arrogance, sexual promiscuity, low self-control, and lack of empathy and remorse. Such an individual may be especially prone to violent and criminal offenses.
A person diagnosed with antisocial or dissocial personality disorder.
A person who has no moral conscience.
Popular A person who perpetrates especially gruesome or bizarre violent acts.

I love a good bargain book, but I wouldn't give you 10 cents for it...well, maybe the dime, but only if there was a book burning directly at the end of the checkout line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books