Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 AM

47 posts, read 94,511 times

Advertisements

So my mom is coming out here and staying in Denver for a few days next week. Besides the usual show-her-the-town sorta stuff, I'd really like to take her on an easy stroll on one of the trails out here (siince that's what Boulder is all about). She's not particularly active, so whatever trails I might take her on would need to be easy and short. I was thinking of just taking her to walk around Chautauqua and/or the Mesa Trail out by NCAR. Are there other or better trails that have some beautiful things to see but that wouldn't require too much effort? Haven't lived in Boulder too long so haven't been able to fully explore the Open Space. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,474,247 times
There is definitely one easy trail in Chautauqua that I take regularly which I think is the Bluebell trail. It does have one very steep section so it depends on how good her lungs and knees are. You could also invest in a copy of something like Best Boulder Hikes or Best Easy Day Hikes from amazon. Pretty good reference books for something like this.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 AM

49 posts, read 175,325 times
Take her around Wonderland Lake off of Broadway, Coot Lake-park at 55th st entrance to Boulder Reservoir or Twin Lakes in Gunbarrel. All are somewhat scenic and flat. Or even Teller Farm off of Arapahoe past 75th.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,137,042 times
The Walter Orr Roberts Weather Trail at NCAR, and you can also tour the interesting NCAR building.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,218,641 times
Boulder Reservoir as mentioned above is a good bet, it's flat, but I would definitely hit the Boulder Creek Path with her if you haven't planned to already... so much to see in the way of people and scenery, flat and easy walking, easy access to lunch, shopping, coffee. My parents aren't particularly active and they love to stroll along the path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area