Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 05:58 PM

4 posts, read 11,217 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on moving back to Colorado in the summer. I want to live in Boulder this time,(I grew up in Greeley and am still not ready to go back there, if ever!),with just me, and my 2 children. I can't remember much about the place as it's been about 20yrs. since I've been there. I need to find a good neighborhood(s) to look for a house to rent in that isn't a party/college neighborhood, nor do I want ritzy, and conservative, as I'm used to diversity, am low income(section 8), and am pretty diverse myself with having been in Eugene, Oregon for about 16yrs! I have a little over 2 months to figure this out, and I am so very excited to be living there! Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 07:48 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,703 times
Have a look in the Holliday neighborhood in north Boulder. There's a lot of affordable housing (for Boulder that is) there and it's a great neighborhood.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 AM

377 posts, read 1,054,633 times
I think you'll find a LOT has changed in the last 20 years!! I agree that you should check out north Boulder. I do think that renting an entire house is probably expensive throughout Boulder, but I don't know much about affordable housing programs. You might also want to look into Longmont (which has also changed a lot in the last 20 years) and maybe Lafayette?

Good luck!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM

24 posts, read 122,816 times
I'd agree with you to not go back to Greeley. I currently live in far east Greeley and can't wait to get out of here. People who have been longer than me says its gone down hill in years past and it keeps getting worse.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 AM

857 posts, read 1,733,847 times
Default Boulder Versus Eugene

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulailx View Post
and am pretty diverse myself with having been in Eugene, Oregon for about 16yrs! I have a little over 2 months to figure this out, and I am so very excited to be living there! Please help!
How would you compare Eugene to Boulder, at least, what Boulder was like when you were there? I am deciding between albuquerque, boulder, and eugene oregon. One thing that really concerns me about Boulder are the horrific winds, and one thing that really concerns me about Eugene is that unemployment is high. On the other hand there are more year round opportunities in my two fields in Eugene compared to Boulder....

Boulder and Denver are two of the windiest places in the US with an average wind speed of over 10mph. People with various neurological disorders and migraines beware. Eugene is one of the calmest places at about 6.5mph average. I've lived in Albuquerque before where there are seasonal and local winds up to 60mph like boulder, but they are very predictable and occur over brief time periods, so you can avoid them w/o symptoms. Boulder has winds all day, all night, all year long similar to the foehn winds in Europe. It may sound silly, but this is a major problem for people with migraines, seizures, panic attacks, and other epileptiform conditions.

Boulder Avg. Winds And Gusts -- this is crazy --

http://www.eol.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/weat...period=monthly

Last edited by CCCVDUR; 04-21-2009 at 01:17 AM..

Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM

377 posts, read 1,054,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
Boulder has winds all day, all night, all year long similar to the foehn winds in Europe. It may sound silly, but this is a major problem for people with migraines, seizures, panic attacks, and other epileptiform conditions.
You should try spending some time in Boulder. Yes, it has wind, and I know you're citing sources, but this makes it sound insane. I really don't think of it being this windy. There are some really windy days, but other than that it is just breezy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area