Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,235 times

Advertisements

Riddick Bowe is returning to the ring in a rematch versus Andrew Golota. This is such a sad sight, these guys don't ever know when to quit-

I understand Riddick Bowe has been having some serious money issues, but this is just sad-

Riddick Bowe to meet Andrew Golota, again - New York Boxing Blog - ESPN New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Apparently the rematch is going to be a WWE style wrestling match, and while relatively harmless to the health of either opponent, it's sad to see any once dominant champion have to humiliate himself for a paycheck. I was never a fan of Bowe or his criminal of a manager Rock Newman, but it's a shame it has come to this for a guy who once lived in a mansion with his own bowling alley and movie theater and from last I've seen is suffering from some degree of brain damage.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Apparently the rematch is going to be a WWE style wrestling match, and while relatively harmless to the health of either opponent, it's sad to see any once dominant champion have to humiliate himself for a paycheck. I was never a fan of Bowe or his criminal of a manager Rock Newman, but it's a shame it has come to this for a guy who once lived in a mansion with his own bowling alley and movie theater and from last I've seen is suffering from some degree of brain damage.
I thought Rock Newman was actually pretty good to Riddick Bowe. Bowe did himself him with keeping his family members on the payroll- against Newmans advice

Old 03-29-2012, 06:37 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
It was Newman who offered the 90-10 split to Lewis, knowing full well he would turn it down and that Lewis had a very strong chance of defeating Bowe. He was also responsible for several ringside brawls and he was just a sleazy, classless snake oil salesman who had no business being a fight manager.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:13 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,360,705 times
Quote:
but it's a shame it has come to this for a guy who once lived in a mansion with his own bowling alley and movie theater and from last I've seen is suffering from some degree of brain damage.
Perhaps if he had not built a house with a movie theater and bowling alley he wouldn't be having financial problems now. I have no sympathy for anyone with that much money who blows it all.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
Perhaps if he had not built a house with a movie theater and bowling alley he wouldn't be having financial problems now. I have no sympathy for anyone with that much money who blows it all.
Come on bro, you have to cut these guys some degree of slack- They never had anything as kids, then all of a sudden your rich and famous! You have sharks everywhere with their hand in your pocket, trying to take your money as fast as you earn it-

It wasn't just bowling alleys in mansions that do these jokers in, its the parasites and the leeches who want to be a part of the free ride, and these dudes having a sick sense of loyalty to the boys from back in the day-

Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 AM

210 posts, read 251,099 times
Quote:
That's good it's not going to be a real bout, and yeah Bowe definitely is suffering from brain damage. In all his recent interviews hes mushmouth.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Bowe fails to realize that nobody cares about HW boxing anymore, it's all about the lower weight classes. If this is a PPV it's going to do less than 300k in sales.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 PM

210 posts, read 251,099 times
He probably already knows that. Hes probably just broke and has no other skills.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
That's good it's not going to be a real bout, and yeah Bowe definitely is suffering from brain damage. In all his recent interviews hes mushmouth.

More like ******* damage, I saw both Golota fights with Bowe, and while Golota was at least winning the 2nd one, Golota or Foul Pole whatever he's called these days didn't give Bowe brain damage. That last nut shot was basically an uppercut.

Holyfield gave Bowe brain damage like he did to everyone else he fought by using that 80lb head as a weapon.

Bowe's nuts for trying to fight again, but fighting Golota is just stupid. We all make jokes about breaking someones balls but Foul Pole takes it literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing